• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2 Stats

Feedback for NS 22.5.0.124

Hello

I have just received NS 22.5.0.124. It came in 2 parts and needed a restart after each part. I got it by running Live Update manually. After a quick checking of settings, they seem not to be changed from what I had in 22.5.0.120. So far so good compared to rollout of 22.5.0.120.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Feedback for NS 22.5.0.124

...imagined you run NSBU

Kudos0

Hello bjm

I was running NIS until Nov.30 and then installed NS. I use a different program for my backups.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Yeah, I use different for backup.  I still run NSBU.  Never mind...

Kudos0

Ran Live Update manually, one reboot. Smooth update to V. 124. Update kept my settings. 

"Top Safe Web Reviewer with over 23,000 Reviews."
Kudos0

The update wasn't very successful with me.. Actually after I did the update manually I had a failure (error 8920,200) with ns resources but I also had to restart my pc so I did (twice) and NS became version 22.5.0.124 but the error (I attached) is still there.. Please help.

I tried the support button to autofix but it didn't fix anything.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Hi Truepeace, It would be mighty helpful if you could send me the logs. Could you please take a look at your inbox when you find time? Thanks. Gayathri Rajendiran Norton Forums Adminstrator Symantec Corporation
Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Just upgraded from 22.2 on a W7 x64 machine, got a red x NS icon in systray after reboot, for a few seconds then green ok, that's normal because it's a major upgrade and after reboot every NS component was re-initialized. You can see it in Security History logs, SONAR, firewall etc....

All settings preserved, AT THE EXCEPTION of Network Proxy Settings, in all previous versions everything was unchecked there, with 22.5 the "Automatically detect settings" feature is checked by default so had to uncheck it & reboot.

By the way, the 30-Day Report link in top right main GUI still opens with a minor lag but I do not mind, just reporting...

Regards,

Kudos0

with 22.5 the "Automatically detect settings" feature is checked by default so had to uncheck it & reboot.

I'm running at Default ... what's downside...?   Just asking...

Kudos0

Hi bjm_,

As mentionned, the default setting for all previous versions, at least on my systems, was everything unchecked, now the Auto option is selected by default, I do not use a proxy so no big deal for me, just reporting for other users who might use a proxy and have applied different settings... See now??

In my case, I unchecked the Auto detect option... so every tick box is blank...

Kudos0

OK, I hear ya.   When I updated to 120.  Both boxes were checked plus URL. 
So, I naively went to Default...  naturally Autofix reported 1 item
Norton Security with Backup
Windows 8.1
9600.17736.amd64fre.winblue_r9.150322-1500
Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)
Product Proxy Settings :: Success

guess, I'll remove check and reboot.  Thanks

Kudos0

My original update to 22.5.0.120 got dorked up with the continuous reboot prompt. Removed and updated manually and it was running ok. Did the manual request through live update today. One reboot and 22.5.0.124 now installed. Everything looks great and seems to running great with nothing changed in any of my settings. Subscription status still shows "active" instead of days remaining but I guess that was what Norton intended (I wish they'd change it back.)

Kudos0

I posted this in another section as well.  I updated today, manually.  Now the Vault will not autofill on sites where I have multiple logins setup. The autofill settings are there and autofill works on sites where I only have one login setup.  I have the same issue whether in Firefox (37) or IE.

Kudos0

Having the same problem as you with the Vault. Super annoying.

Kudos0

Update:  I removed my 2nd login for FB, closed Firefox, reopened and still will not work.  I thought if I removed it, then it would work like the other sites with only one login - wrong.

Kudos0

Hello janmh

When you tried removing 2nd login process, did you restart your computer also? Perhaps a restart is needed for the change to take affect. Just an idea.

Kudos0

If you're running NSBU as I am, the update will come through after the NS users get their update.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the autofill issue. If I require logs, I'll send you private messages. Was this seen with the previous build you had? 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Yes, both restart and cold boot - still not work.

Kudos0

The problem "Norton product asks to reboot system after every reboot" still exist in 22.5.0.124.

Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec.
Kudos0

Hi @shenda9696,

Could you check your inbox when time permits? I have sent you a private message with a few questions to further investigate this issue. Thanks.

Gayathri Rajendiran
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

since the ns22.5 update(first one), my local vault will not fill my att email login.it still works great on my xp machine because ns22.5 update was not offered for xp. all other logins on the win7,64 bit work-just will not fill att login. i had a login for att-dsl forums and an old yahoo login and deleted both, rebooted, shutdown overnight, but still will not fill. thanks   i started a thread on this 2 weeks ago but have not gotten any reponses in a while.

Kudos0

boy did i speak to soon. my xp machine had been turned off for 2 days. turned it back on, ran live update and ns22.5.124 asking for reboot. i updated other programs then restarted.  after reboot, opened firefox, login to local vault, went to att email login-no fill. so now it doesn't work on win7 or xp.  only att email login all others work. this has been going on to long now and i'm starting to get a little ticked off. please fix this. i like id safe but since this happened i've been looking at other options,  thanks

Kudos0

Check for New Version (context menu) missing w NSBU 22.5.0.124

Kudos0

bjm_:

Yep. Missing on both my machines after the update. Also can't access my email, atm. Hoping it's NOT related...............

EDIT---- Email back, so NOT related !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

F4E:
bjm_:

Yep. Missing on both my machines after the update.

machine A with Auto Live Update On = Check for New Version missing. 
machine B with Auto Live Update Off = Check for New Version OK
CP uninstall + Norton account pull seems to have sorted machine A

Kudos0

CP uninstall + Norton account pull seems to have sorted machine A

Not bothered not having it. Other means of checking !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos1 Stats

@bjm_ & @F4EWe are already tracking the 'Check for New Version' change. Thanks for bringing it up.

@Topopurim47: Sorry for the trouble. We are looking into it. I will contact you if we need more information regarding this issue. 

Gayathri Rajendiran
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

Some Positive feedback for Version 22.5.0.124:

Seems loading websites surfing the net is faster.

From the GUI: "Manage My Protection" connecting to your account is faster, there was lag time on previous version.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the Version Update but on "Safe Web" when submitting a review there was lag time after submitting. With this update when submitting a review there is no more lag time, it submits instantly now.

Good Work

"Top Safe Web Reviewer with over 23,000 Reviews."
Kudos0

I noticed the vault was kinda buggy,Had to manually sign in to facebook and some of my other stuff auto filled like email and other stuff.Kinda had a minor problem signing into here on the Norton boards. Check for new version is missing as well

Kudos0

I also forgot to mention it shut off the firewall and did the fix ,then rebooted a couple times,then things are normal

Kudos0

APC = Onlast I heard Timer was dropped since 22.2
https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6437991#comment-6437991

Kudos0

@Gayathri_R,

I am having same issue as Topopurim47 where ID Safe Local Vault will not auto-fill ATT mail login on either Chrome or IE. All other signin's auto-fill okay with ID Safe.  I have contacted online chat support several weeks ago and they tried to fix for me but still not working.  Something changed about 2 weeks ago causing ATT mail login not to work with ID Safe.  ATT.com log-in works fine for me on both Chrome and IE...Yahoo mail signon/passwords auto-fill.  Since these  are related accounts ATT mail should work with ID Safe as ATT.com but it doesn't...only fills user name.  Also Google account now has 2 step (separate window) signon so auto-fill does not work when signing in to my account with ID Safe. 

Windows 7x64 Home Premium  NSBU 22.5.0.124

Kudos0

i also saw disable auto protect is greyed out, not that i was gonna disable.I hope they get this fixed I dont like having a program that is partially working

Kudos0

Hi,

Just did a manual live update and got the new version. Did the restart and noticed when it booted back up there was the red x showing in system try icon which remained for about 30 secs then went to green tick. After about 2 minutes the little notification window popped up bottom right of taskbar stating my Smart firewall was turned off and pc may be at risk! I left this and after a minute it went away. Checked all my settings and everything appears correct. I then went to my Norton Account and I had a red X showing on my pc asking to fix now. I hit the fix button and message said appears to be fixed no action needed. It then went to the green tick 'all is well status'.

All in all the upgrade seems to have gone well, but I don't like the 'Subscription Status Active' at bottom of UI, much preferred to see the number of days remaining.

This is the first time upgrade, I didn't try the earlier offering which gave people problems. I'm on W7 Home Prem ,IE 11

Kudos0

Hi, brummie. If you click on Active, Norton will communicate with the server  { Sometimes ! } and come back with days remaining. An extra click for no good reason I can see........... Fwiw, it didn't work today.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

brummie:

[…]

All in all the upgrade seems to have gone well, but I don't like the 'Subscription Status Active' at bottom of UI, much preferred to see the number of days remaining.

Hi brummie.

This is Tony Weiss' reply to my (and others) complaint about the above.

Let'us hope they will give us back the remaining days, whatever they are 1 or 1000!

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Hi F4E,

Thanks for that info, I didn't know it was clickable, just did it now and it did show my remaining days left.

@Rainbow_2,

Read that thread, seems like they are trying to be ultra slim line with the UI. I too would hope that the days remaining will be brought back.

Kudos0

Problem of brief red X on tray icon posted on separate thread (sorry, partly due to different forum logon procedure) seems both addressed and resolved. A new problem with a boot today was getting a problem indication on opening the NS box from the tray icon. It had a big red X and indicated that SONAR was not on. Hitting the fix button appeared to fix the problem quickly and SONAR is reported to be on. I dIdn't see anything obvious in history log to explain this and didn't see this on first boot today. This is for v. 124.5.0.124 running W7 X64. Even if not real and transient these red X problems are disconcerting for those concerned with security which is why I use NS. Thanks. Foreman
Kudos0

Hi,

After updating to the new version yesterday I have been checking up on things and noticed that there is one problem with the identity safe vault log in feature. After doing a 'first quick scan' yesterday, the usual log ins to web sites have to be re entered so for quickness I opened my vault and everything seemed to be working well till I came to my 'Steam' forums page. I have three different passwords, one for their forums, the Steam game client and Steam support sites. The fields for logging in were all blank and I had to fill them in manually. I do seem to remember reading something about this elsewhere.

I'll mention this too on the other 'Toolbar and Vault' forum. 

Kudos0

Please confirm N360MD remains as N360MD (5 seats) @ 22.5.0.124
https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6450461#comment-6450461

Kudos0

bjm_:

Please confirm N360MD remains as N360MD (5 seats) @ 22.5.0.124
https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6450461#comment-6450461

See my reply here. https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6451551#comment-6451551

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

peterweb,

Thanks...my attempts clearly did not satisfy. 
Thanks...

Kudos0

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for your patience.

We've released a browser patch targeting this autofill issue and this update is available via Live Update.

This patch targets Norton Security, Norton Security with Backup, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360 & Norton Antivirus 22.5.0.124 products.

Please run Live Update until all the updates are installed, then try to reproduce the autofill issue and let us know the if it works.

Mohanakrishnan G | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

hi Mohan

I have N360 v 22.5.0.124 installed with the latest patch on 2 devices, both are infilling on my ISP which was one of the 2 sites it did not before the patch, but not infilling, if it is meant to, on the new Norton Account login to reach the forums.

Michael

Kudos0

Hi Mohan,

I received the Liveupdate (and rebooted)...

I'm still seeing the Fill issue at the following websites...
-- GMail & Google Search websites (via Google Logon portal)
-- Norton Community (via Norton Logon portal)
-- Note that: Other Norton websites continue to work correctly with the Norton logon portal

I will try recreating these logons and report back as to results.

Cheers!
John

Kudos0

The forums login issue has been reported separately. It came about because of the change in the way you log into the forums.

I guess this may be in the next toolbar update.

Kudos0

peterweb:

The forums login issue has been reported separately. It came about because of the change in the way you log into the forums.

I guess this may be in the next toolbar update.

Understood and no argument...

I just find it interesting that the same portal (URL) works (infills) when invoked from the other Norton websites, yet fails to infill when invoked from the Community website. 

Kudos0

I gave up trying to figure out why something that seems obvious does not work.

Kudos0

Hi again Mohan,

Okay -

I deleted my saved Google logon entry from the (local version) IDSafe, then logged on to the Google Search website (via the invoked Google Portal). Here are the results...

Neither the NTB for Chrome, nor the NTB for IE (v11 for Windows 8.1) would prompt to save the logon entry.

The NTB for FF (v39.0) did prompt and also successfully saved the logon into the (local) IDSafe.

Wash and repeat (delete / auto-save) 3x to verify the behaviors of the three different NTBs - same results each time (Chrome & IE: No go - FF: A-okay).

The newly stored (by FF NTB) logon works as expected with the FF NTB.

The newly stored logon does not work (at all) with the Chrome NTB (fills neither the email address field on the first logon page, nor the PW field on the second logon page) - this is actually a degradation over the previous behavior (prior to receiving the Liveupdate change).

The newly stored logon partly works with the IE NTB (fills the email address field on the first logon page, fails to fill the PW field on the second logon page).

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.