• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Firefox 17.01

Any idea when an update for the toolbar will be available?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firefox 17.01

Any idea when an update for the toolbar will be available?

Kudos0

Firefox 17 has been supported for some time now.

Be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Check in your Firefix Add Ons to see the Norton Toolbar is active.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi longbid,

This was an update of Firefox 17.0, rather than a new version update.  Therefore no Norton Toolbar update will be needed to remain compatible.

Kudos0

When I tried to update to FF 1701 I received the warning about it being incompatible.

Any one else see this?

Thanks

Kudos0

Check your Firefox addons and see what version numbers you have for the Norton Toolbar, and Norton Vulnerability Protection.

Toolbar should be   2013.2.2.3

Vulnerability Protection should be  11.1.1.5-3

These versions are for 2013 versions.

What version of 360 are you using? Support - About.

Kudos0

It took me a while to figure this live update thing. Had it been said to open up Norton and go to tools then look inside tools for "Live Update" it would have saved me a good hour going in circles.

Make sure FF is up to date then open norton, click on tools, then run live update, even though it does an update there may be multiple updates, so be sure to keep running live update until it says no updates available.

Thats when my toolbar worked with FF.

Kudos0

ron351 wrote:

It took me a while to figure this live update thing. Had it been said to open up Norton and go to tools then look inside tools for "Live Update" it would have saved me a good hour going in circles.

Make sure FF is up to date then open norton, click on tools, then run live update, even though it does an update there may be multiple updates, so be sure to keep running live update until it says no updates available.

Thats when my toolbar worked with FF.

Thanks for posting that.

For future reference, the experience here has been to be sure Norton is updated before you try to upgrade Firefox. If you do it the other way, you may end up having to uninstall both firefox and Norton and reinstalling again.

Kudos0

Version 6 (6.409)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.