• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Firefox 17.0.1 Support for Norton Toolbar not compatible.

I  udated to Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1 and there is still no Norton toolbar.  I know that sometimes it takes a coupld of day for the Norton toolbar to come back when it becomes compatible with Firefox .  I am hoping this is only a tempory issue. I raelly depend on the tool bar and safe site notifcation or icon next to the web site. Will this still be an issue when I update to a newer verison of FF?   Any info is always well appreciated. I know there is Norton safe search, but I like the toolbar better. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firefox 17.0.1 Support for Norton Toolbar not compatible.

I  udated to Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1 and there is still no Norton toolbar.  I know that sometimes it takes a coupld of day for the Norton toolbar to come back when it becomes compatible with Firefox .  I am hoping this is only a tempory issue. I raelly depend on the tool bar and safe site notifcation or icon next to the web site. Will this still be an issue when I update to a newer verison of FF?   Any info is always well appreciated. I know there is Norton safe search, but I like the toolbar better. 

Kudos0

u should run live update till u have norton toolbar 2013.2.2.3

NS 22.9.3.13 OS Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1
Kudos0

hi

did you run  NIS  live update and restarted has many times has it needs too?

Kudos0

suebee3 wrote:

Hi,
I'm running NIS 20.2.0.19 and FF 17.0.1 with the toolbar

Not sure what the problem is but caonfirming the version of each and rebooting should have everything in order. If not, please post back

Thanks

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

HI David,

I ran live updates, but I only see some that say 2011. Once all the updates are done, it will not update anymore. I will keep checking and running Live Updates. 

Kudos0

Hi Rika,

What is NIS?  Norton Insight?

Kudos0

here and at most spyware and virus forums all over the world is Norton Internet Security at short Nis and Nav is Norton Antivirus

NS 22.9.3.13 OS Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1
Kudos0

Hi suebee3,

NIS is Norton Internet Secuirty.

I have reviewed this thread and can't seem to find which Norton Product nor the version you are running. 

On the main Page of your Norton product, please click on Support and then About on the drop down menu.  Tell us the Nameof the Product (top line) and the version number (second line).

I am asking this as you mentioned LiveUpdates with a 2011 date - which could mean you have an older version installed.

Kudos0

I forgot to mention that we get Norton free with the Comcast internet service.  I copied down all the info that was listed.

Norton Security Suite (I think it is 360)

Version: 5.2.2.3

Media: SKU  21164128  I am assuming that the 211 is 2011.

Current : 21164128

Family SKU:  0000000

End Point ID:  {8C187D7D-3408-42A5-AA42-AE6C3EAFC65C}

Vender Name: Comcast

I guess this will make a big difference in why I am not getting the toolbar and how to deal with it.   I  hope this helps.

Kudos0

Thanks for the feedback suebee3,

Yup, with it being Norton Security Suite, it does make a diffeence in how we handle thi s- especially whee we download the latest program from - but we'll get you through it .

The NTB is not compatable with FF17 as you are on NSS 2011 (version 5). You are 2 major upgrades behind, so you need to upgrade now. There is infomation on the Comcast Forums in regards to the latest upgrades and also on how to effect these upgrades. Have a look here at the instructions I authored (I go by USAF_E-8_RET on the Comcast forums):

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Norton-Security-Suite-FAQ-s/m-p/1488923/highlig...

There is a link within that post that will provide instructions as to how to upgrade from your outdated version to the latest.

There are also instructions included to explain Export/BackUp of your ID Safe Data so it will not be lost.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll help you through it.

Kudos0

I guess what you are saying is I have to update to v6. I have v5 correct.

That means I just have to uninstall the old version through add/remove program and the use the uninstall tool from Norton.

I had to do this before, not a big fan though.  Thanks: womanhappy: 

Got the toolbar number 2011.7.13.2 from FF. I went to the addon and extensions,

There was a message saying it was last  updated today.

Kudos0

Can I go to the Norton UPDate center and get it there, or at lest try.  I went to USAF and found that info.

I got all the info bookmarked.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi suebee3,

Upgrading to v 6 is not enough, you must upgrade to a final version of 20.2.0.19 (which is the upgrade after v 6).  I know the numbering doesn't make sense, but that's where you need to be on v 20..  You can go from v 5 to v 20 using the instructions I provided.  Just follow the directions and you can get thru this OK.  yes, it will reuqire a removal, running of the removal tool and then a download insatll - but the way it is set up - youwill download and insatll v 20 (bypassing v6).

The Norton Update Center has nothing to do with it, as the Comcast version is not on the Norton site - but on the Comcast link I provided.

Let us know how you get on!

Kudos0

I just finished the upgraded, and still no Norton toolbar and lost Norton safe search. Went to the add-on and it is still Norton Tool bar incompatible with FF 17.0.1, ToolBar 2013.2.0.18. I still have to upgrade the other computer, but will wait.  Thanks for all the help.  Norton vulnerability protection  11.1.1.5.3 if fine 

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

suebee3 wrote:

I just finished the upgraded, and still no Norton toolbar and lost Norton safe search. Went to the add-on and it is still Norton Tool bar incompatible with FF 17.0.1, ToolBar 2013.2.0.18. I still have to upgrade the other computer, but will wait.  Thanks for all the help.  Norton vulnerability protection  11.1.1.5.3 if fine 

On main page of NSS, go to Support and then About and tell us the version of NSS that is installed. 

Also on the FireFox Menu Bar, go to Tools > View and be sure there is a check mark in front of Norton Toolbar.

Kudos0

One of the first things I did was go to View, there is no Norton Toolbar listed.  Everything seemed to go fine with the installation.

End Point ID {8C187D7D-3408-42A5-AA42-AE6C3EAFC65C}

Live Update Channel Traditional

Current SKU 21272414

Family SKU 21228661

Media SKU 21272414

Vender Comcast

I really appreciated all the help you guys are giving me.

Kudos0

Everything is working now . Issue is resolved!!  Thank you for your assistance and patients.

Kudos0

suebee3 wrote:

Everything is working now . Issue is resolved!!  Thank you for your assistance and patients.

Glad you got it all sorted, and pleased to be of assistance!

Kudos0

I have the same issue but do not see the v20 upgrade instructions to which you refer.  Please point me in the right direction.

Kudos0

san0107 wrote:

I have the same issue but do not see the v20 upgrade instructions to which you refer.  Please point me in the right direction.

Hi san0107,

I almost missed your question due to it being posted in an already solved thread - most of the customers and Guru's skip over the solved threads unless they are looking for the solutio.

By starting a new thread and adding more info than you have posted in this qeustion, your situation can be handled better.  Please include Norton product and version currently installed, which browser and vesion you are using and also the operating system.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.