• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Firefox 42 and NIS 21.7.0.11

I'm still running NIS 21.7.0.11 due to the almost year long iPod issue with NS. I know there is "supposedly" a fix for that, but I have no plans to update Norton until my subscription runs out. I haven't had the time to deal with testing that nightmare again yet. I've also delayed updating Firefox past version 40.0.3 because I knew there would be tons of issues due to the changes coming with Firefox 41. Now that Firefox 42 is out I decided to go and update Firefox only to end up here researching the problems with Norton Toolbar. My question is will the fix for the Norton toolbar work with NIS 21.7.0.11? Or, if I update Firefox to version 22, will I lose Norton web-protection unless I update Norton to version 22.5.4.24? I'm mostly concerned with Web-Protection functionality.

Labels: Firefox 42

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firefox 42 and NIS 21.7.0.11

I was in the same boat as you, sticking with NIS 21.7 due to the ipod issue ... I've got an ipod classic 160GB.  The norton toolbar will no longer support FF for V21.7.  I lost my toolbar with V21.7 and FF42.  So, I decided to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and updated to NIS V22.5.4.  I can confirm that my ipod is now synching fine with 22.5.4!

Also the FF42 toolbar for V22.5.4 is working so far for web-protection.  The ID Vault isn't compatible, but the other functions appear to be working.  To test I noticed sites that were showing on google searches which safe-web marked with a red X.  I still clicked to the site and FF/Norton still indeed blocked the site as malicious.

As long as you don't need the ID Vault currently, I'd recommend updating to V22.5.4 as the ipod issue is fixed and the FF toolbar won't support V21.7 anymore

Kudos0

Re: Firefox 42 and NIS 21.7.0.11

Hello Rogue

The IPod issue was fixed when 22.5.4.24 was released. That was the main reason that version came out. I pushed Norton to release it since all the Beta testing done by the users who had the problem said it fixed their problem.

Phase 1 of the new Toolbar is completed and it does have the web protection functionality. As was already mentioned, ID Safe is not working completely as it will not auto fill in, auto save or auto complete. You can access the passwords and copy, paste them. I know it is a slow process, but at least you can see that the information was not lost. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can also use Firefox ESR and the ID Safe works with it.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.