• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Free upgrade to Norton 360 and activated but my Laptop is still running Norton Security with Backup

I've downloaded my free upgrade to Norton 360 and activated it but my Laptop is still running Norton Security with Backup and I can't see any Norton 360 program just dll files.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Free upgrade to Norton 360 and activated but my Laptop is still running Norton Security with Backup

Were you given a new product key for the upgrade? If so, did you enter it into your Norton product using the Norton product Help - Enter New Product Key link? That should start the upgrade process.
Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Re: Free upgrade to Norton 360 and activated but my Laptop is still running Norton Security with Backup

Did that and it told me my product was already activated?

Kudos0

If you click on the My Norton pillar on the main Norton product screen, does it bring up a new screen with the new 360 options?

If so, you have the new product installed.

​​​​​​​

Kudos0

Do I have to uninstall Norton Security with Backup before I can download Norton 360 as when I try to down load 360 it tells me it's successful but hasn't downloaded Norton 360 and Norton Security is still running?

Kudos0

Do you see the same Norton Windows I show in my links above?

If not, and you say you tried adding the product key, have you restarted your computer a couple of times since to ensure the upgrade got completed.

What Windows version are you using? Click on the Start button and type   Winver + Enter

Kudos0

There is another thing as I was having an awful time like you are describing. Your registry has a lot of things in there that have changed from the beginning like mine I had to do a clean Windows 10 install. Also, I'm not sure but you should make sure that your previous program is totally off the machine because if you haven't got the screens above and are not activated once you complete that process you probably are going to suffer from the same issues. Look in the Hidden icons are in the lower right-hand corner, if the Norton symbol is checked you have it on your machine. If you sign out of the program when you stop the program and then restart your PC/Laptop, try restarting Norton and you should see the sign-in screen put your email address and the password you use and you should see it startup. One more thing when you sign in you only get a choice of one of the two designs as above based on your selection but you don't get both. They both give you the same info but the one has the graphic to the left and the other looks more like other bland programs. I hope that helps. I really hope your programs are working. Peter is right about something else when the upgrade is downloading don't try and download and for me, I left it totally alone, then it succeeded. I'm willing to bet you should not have to do anything if you have the Icon in the hidden in the lower-left corner of the taskbar. I am sure that the biggest reason I had to go to the extreme I did was because my registry was a mess. I have seen more problem issues from banged up registry's that really make a mess clear back to vista. if you ever have to do something to registry make sure set a restore point and registry back up. I just hate to see people falling down the rabbit whole. When all is in doubt call tech support if you end up in India, ask them to slow down because they talk so fast, amazing.

Kudos0

One more thing when you sign in you only get a choice of one of the two designs as above based on your selection but you don't get both. 

You can choose from which of the interfaces you want to see when you start Norton. From the new UI, click on the gear icon at the  bottom center. That will bring up a screen where you can choose which interface you prefer.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.