• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Full System Scan Schedule NS 22.14.0.54

Hi folks,

Just installed latest NS on a test pc, I always had Full System Scan Schedule disabled, at least for the last couple of years, and every newer version of NS did retain that setting, latest build reverted this schedule to default  so I had to disable again, a bit annoying cause I do not wish to check every time if my settings remain intact. So, for those who use the same setting you must disable it manually.

Second thing I've noticed, but I believe it's by design is that my Identity tab at the main NS GUI is greyed out, probable because... I think so at least... I do not use the Vault and IDS Feature.

Third and last thing, I'm on W 7 x64 on that pc, and never installed Chrome, so under Settings, Task Scheduling I have not the Chrome cleanup Temp files entry. Hope it's by design too.

Cheers,

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Full System Scan Schedule NS 22.14.0.54

The ID Safe button is not greyed out, it is just grey by design. Just like the icons on the FF or Chrome or Edge  browser's address bar. Clicking on it will still open a vault if you have one, and I can only guess it will start the create a vault process if you do not already have one.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Here's how my NS GUI looks:

If I click on the Identity tab it states with orange color letters that IE is default browser and Safe Web/ Antiphishing are disabled.

There is also a Set Up Required button which opens a IE 11 page and asks for enabling some functions but I do not want it. What is odd is that with the same config all previous NS builds had the Identity tab marked with a green color, so something have changed in the last build.

Cheers, 

Kudos1 Stats

Sorry. I misunderstood your original comment. I was referring to after you click on that first Identity button. That does look odd. 

I do still have a local vault set up and my Norton interface still shows the Identity tab in a green color. As you suggest, it may be because you have not set up Identity safe that it is showing this way.

Another change is that there are no settings to enable/disable ID Safe in the Norton Security settings. I guess they are not needed as most functions are now covered by the individual browser extensions.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I just want to add to my previous comment: "There is also a Set Up Required button which opens a IE 11 page and asks for enabling some functions but I do not want it."

If I click on the Set Up button there is an IE 11 redirect page opening which gives me 4 options:

a. Norton Security Toolbar (green check mark) already.

b. Safe Web with option to enable (in Address bar, it's probably an Ask.com thing, no thanks).

c. Safe Web Home page with option to enable, also an Ask.com thing, no thanks, I'm using this as IE homepage which is equally secure, I think at least. https://www.symantec.com/security_response/threatcon/

d. Identity Safe with option to Set up.

However, even with that config, Norton Security Toolbar enabled, b and c disabled and IDS not setup, the Safe Web annotations in IE 11 are working fine.

I think it's a bit strange why with 22.12.0.54 version the Identity tab is grey and with all previous versions the Identity tab was always green. By the way, what means exactly, under my Identity tab config that Safe Web/Antiphishing are disabled?

How does that affecting me??

Thanks in advance for your time..

Cheers,

Kudos0

Hello

I have my I D Safe turned on, but I do not use it. I say no to any request to save password. It looks like since I have I D Safe turned on, I also have Safe Web and Anti -fishing turned on or as it says on the program as installed. Mine is showing as Green and says that Safe Web and Anti-phishing are installed. I use IE 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Hello

I just saw this thread. The guy has it figured out. You have to have Norton Toolbar installed.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/identity-tab-grayed-main-window

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot:

Hello

I just saw this thread. The guy has it figured out. You have to have Norton Toolbar installed.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/identity-tab-grayed-main-window

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Thanks Flo,

Posted also a comment there: https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7886341#comment-7886341

Cheers,

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.