Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Google Chrome 32 Compatibility issues with Norton Toolbar
This is an invitation to let us know if the latest Norton Toolbar update has resolved the issues you've been seeing with Google Chrome. Before you reply that you're still not seeing the Norton Toolbar in Google Chrome, please try each of the following. Please note - these steps potentially involve a lot of system reboots, however they are being requested to ensure clean consistent machine state for people following the procedure:
1) Confirm you are running Norton Internet Security or Norton 360 21.1, and have run LiveUpdate, rebooted, run LiveUpdate, rebooted until no more updates are available. Then reboot again
2) Your version of Chrome is up-to-date. You can check by clicking the upper right corner menu > About Google Chrome. As of this post, I see v32.0.1700.76 m is the latest and greatest
3) The toolbar version in Chrome is 2014.6.4.11. You can check this by clicking the upper right corner menu > Settings > Extensions. Norton Identity Protection will be listed. NOTE: this version number is special to Chrome - it will not be the same version that you see in Firefox or Internet Explorer
4) Be sure that Norton Identity Protection is ENABLED. Go to the same Extensions area listed in #3, and check the Enable box.
5) Open a new tab in Chrome, browse to any page, then click the Chrome refresh page button
6) If you've performed at least one update listed in 1-5 above, reboot your system
7) If you've performed 1-6 above and the Norton Toolbar is still not shown, export your bookmarks and saved password info from Chrome, then uninstall/reinstall Chrome. Update it until you are at the latest version, check 1-6 again.
8) If you've performed 1-7 above and the Norton Toolbar is still not shown, use the Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool. Be sure to export your logins before running the tool. Perform steps 1-6 again.
Now, if you've done ALL OF THE ABOVE and the toolbar still does not load for you, please post to this thread. I will assume that if you are replying, you have done all of the above and still have no Norton Toolbar. We will likely request logs from you, and I'll provide that information. Thanks.