• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Have Norton & Microsoft resolved the incompatibility issue between NIS 21.1.0.18 and Win 8.1/IE 11?

Have Norton and Microsoft resolved the incompatibility issue between NIS 21.1.0.18 and Win 8.1/IE 11 w/ EPM enabled, and if not is there a status update posted somewhere? Thanks.

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Have Norton & Microsoft resolved the incompatibility issue between NIS 21.1.0.18 and Win 8.1/IE 11?

Hi AlanVT,

We are still working on compatibility between the Norton Vulnerability Protection and Enhanced Protection mode. However, Microsoft released an upate on Nov 12, 2013 that disables EPM by default. Please see the MS KB 2907803 for more information.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Re: Have Norton & Microsoft resolved the incompatibility issue between NIS 21.1.0.18 and Win 8.1/IE 11?

Thank you for the update Tony_Weiss!

I have Windows 8.1 set to automatic updates and just confirmed that that I did receive that update. NIS is working properly for me in both IE 11 and Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m browsers with the EPM disabled.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.