• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Here is What Norton stated back in October 2015 "Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October "

I do not know about everyone else but I am tired of the CANNED responses from Norton on Identity Safe.  Such as "We are working on it and we will let you know when nit is available" or " It will require a big fix and our programmer's are working on it. 

I WANT THE FIX NOW I'VE BEEN WITHOUT IDENTITY SAFE FOR 5 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Here is What Norton stated back in October 2015 "Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October "

Not quite true - you have been without Identity Safe using Firefox - it still functions as advertised on IE and Chrome.

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Here is What Norton stated back in October 2015 "Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October "

the person DID state firefox NOT that dambed internet explorer.You load it up and it has multiple connections from microcrap and google chrome is a big joke.
Kudos0

No True Norton toolbar is not working in I.E.  Windows 10

Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, X64 Processor, Retired (Not Expired) Navy, DPC (Programmer/Analyst 1998)...27 Years...And Vietnam Error Vet
Kudos0

Hello oldgeek

What Norton program and what version please?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Actually, my toolbar and idsafe IS working for me. I use Win 10 Pro 64 bit and IE11.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
Kudos0

I hate using IE as it connects to multiple microcrap ip's when you open it up but i havent used it for a long time thank goodness.I have norton set to tell me when software trys to connect to the internet.I use win 7.I dont like win 10 yet
Kudos0

Norton 360 22.5.5.15...  Win 10 Pro 64 bit and IE11...When I bring up any page in I.E. 11  there is no toolbar.  Tried running autofix no result

Tried changing settings in I.E. no result same issue.

Toolbar shows in Google Chrome and even in firefox.  However Firefox (44.0.2) does not show the vault. 

I can only use Chrome to log-in.  it is the only one working.

Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, X64 Processor, Retired (Not Expired) Navy, DPC (Programmer/Analyst 1998)...27 Years...And Vietnam Error Vet
Kudos0

oldgeek9901 - is the Extension for the NTB enabled?  From the Menu bar in IE > View > Toolbars - is there a check mark in front of NB?

Kudos0

Problem solved believe it or not by doing the following..

Tools--->Internet Options----->Advanced----> Turning off Enhanced Protection Mode..

Norton Tool bar reappeared.

Kudos0

oldgeek9901:

Problem solved believe it or not by doing the following..

Tools--->Internet Options----->Advanced----> Turning off Enhanced Protection Mode..

Norton Tool bar reappeared.

Absolutely believe it - I usually ask to check the easiest things first and then get into the IE settings themselves.  That is one of the settings known to cause the Toolbar to disappear.

Glad you got it sorted! 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.