• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

I am still getting Backup error W8 and A2221. The last successful backup was 1/19/2013

I am still getting Backup error W8 and A2221.  The last successful backup was 1/19/2013.  Glad to see that others are successful.  I have checked for updates. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I am still getting Backup error W8 and A2221. The last successful backup was 1/19/2013

I am still getting Backup error W8 and A2221.  The last successful backup was 1/19/2013.  Glad to see that others are successful.  I have checked for updates. 

Kudos0

Re: I am still getting Backup error W8 and A2221. The last successful backup was 1/19/2013

Hello Janice

Can you please answer some questions:

• When was the last attempted backup?
  • Was it a manual or automatic one?
  • If automatic does a manual backup result with the same errors?
Kudos0

Hello Janice

The forum admins assisted me with obtaining your Norton account details. I've looked into your account and see the last backup attempt was today. I've had engineering set your backup history back to the last good backup date. Seems there were a few bad backups since which may have been the source of the reoccurring W8 and 2221 errors. 

Can you start a manual backup and advise how it goes please?

Kudos0

A manual backup on 2/28 at 10 pm ended with W8 error.  Thanks for working on this.

Kudos0

At this point engineering has suggested we purge the set and start with a completely fresh backup. We can do this one of two ways:

1. You can go to the top of the web login and select Remove Device. That will result in removing the Computer, purging the content stored online and you can start cleanly. The downside is you'll have to re-set it up. If you used only the categories it will only take a few moments. The longest part will be re-running the backup.
  2. I can request engineering do it but it will require an extra step from you and may not be as fast. If you want this option send me a private message for specifics. 
Kudos0

Not good news but we will do this.  I remember that it took many days for the first backup.  Any suggestions on how to speed this up or may be run segments at a time?    Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi Janice

You can select your data, in segments, based on categories. Start with the category you deem most critical as the first one and then add the others as you complete the prior backup job. As you select categories you can use the calculate storage option to see how big that potential backup will be before starting it.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.