• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

I have 197 days left on some type of subscription but it might be expired?

I'm confused-- (please hold the snide comments 'til the end)

I have attached a pic from the screen https://my.norton.com/MobileSecurity/1XXXXXXX/Lock as just one example. It reflects my correct key, says I'm protected, shows me offline (even though I am signed in) and says in bold red letters my subscription is expired..

What subscription do I have and is it good for another 197 days or has it expired? I ask what subscription do I have because while going into manage my subscriptions and then to devices within each devices page---Some subscriptions show expired, some show premium, some show annual subscription (not premium). I thought I had a norton premium 10 license key good until sometime in Feb 19...

So I called tech support--

I was just on a call and told that only one single place accurately reflects my account and device subscription status. That isn't under manage my devices, it isn't under manage license under my devices. It is only when you log on, click norton/my subscriptions, and click the little blue manage my devices link-- Then you can't really manage, you can only remove.. and the names don't reflect what I have named them...

So what gives Norton? How can this be that screwed up??

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I have 197 days left on some type of subscription but it might be expired?

The My Subscriptions page is the one that has always been correct. The My Devices page has had issues for a couple of years now. These issues have been reported many times here, but users are still seeing problems.

Look at the main page of your Norton product on your computer and check how many days it says are remaining.

If you are concerned about getting your Devices page to show correct information, you should start by checking on your computer. Open Norton Settings - Administrative Settings and scroll down to Remote Management setting. Be sure that is turned on. If it is already turned on, you can go to the Devices web page and delete the device with the incorrect information. Then go back to that computer and open Norton and click Settings - Subscription Status to sync your computer with the Norton subscription servers.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks.

Imagine if this were the real world-- You get your drivers license from the DMV. The expiration date is a year out-- but in big bold letters they stamp EXPIRED on it. Would that be acceptable? Would you have concerns as to wether you are actually authorized or not to drive? And they show I have a motorcycle license at DMV, the little M is there on my card, but when I get pulled over on my bike and have my license run they can't verify I'm legal because that pulls from a different data base or check box.. That is the equivalent of what I am experiencing.

Oh and there is the fact I now have two new S9 and I run mobile on them (sent via a email from norton) and I click to sign in-- It spins a little but it never shows me signed in at the top so there is no real way of resyncing those...

Or when I am trying to sign in to norton via my tablets all I seem to get is server errors...

Disheartening to know that the easy UX interface page is not relevant enough to them ... and they know it... and don't fix it. What else are they not doing???

Kudos0

I hear you. I am one that has seen confusing information in my Devices page.

For your Mobile security issue, do they show the correct number of days remaining on the subscription? Have you restarted your devices to see if that allows you to sign in correctly? Mobiles need restarts just like Windows computers need restarts every once in a while, to clear out the junk that can cause problems.

Kudos0

Everything says the correct days. Just have no feedback on the phones as to if I am really signed in or not. Can't tell by the phone can't tell by my device manager.

If I can't even tell that simple bit of feedback, how am I supposed to trust that I am protected from real threats. I've been with Norton for several years.. guess it is time to look at some options...

Kudos0

If the number of days shows correctly on the phones, you are protected with the full version. Otherwise it would show a trial version counting down from 15 days.

What Android version is on the phones? There have been some hiccups since Android 8 was released. 

Kudos0

S9+ vers 8.0.0 build R16NW.G965USQS2ARFA

TAB A S pen vers 7.1.1 build NMF26X.P550XXU1CQL

I appreciate you saying all is good. Now what data points can I use to brief my boss's boss that all is secure in the cyberthreat world when three data points (across different platforms) don't match that should?

Nothing personal since this is only our first interaction and you have some decent stats- but in my world, trust is earned not given. And right now I am yee of little faith in Symantec. I recognize some things are difficult to find and fix with 100's of devices, interfaces, versions, etc.. But since this is a known for some time-- so long that even the lowest level of call center support knew what I was talking about.... and since it is internal to their CUI not just to my device... that tells me either 1. They don't care or 2. They lack capability to fix. just sayin'

Kudos0

Just to clarify. I am not an employee, just a user like you who volunteers to try to help others from my experience with the Norton products. Employees are identified by a red Employee, or Admin badge where my Guru badge is.

From your reference to your 'boss's boss', are you using your Norton products in a work environment? Maybe a different product might be required if you need to be able to ensure that all devices can be remotely managed accurately. Norton is designed for home users, while Symantec products are aimed at business/enterprise users.

The main reference point is the information on the device. As long as the correct days are shown remaining for the subscription, the device is fully protected by the product. The next point that has always shown to be correct is the My Subscriptions page on the Account web site. So you should have 2 out of the 3 that you know you can rely on.  

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.