• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Identity Safe

Norton Notification Update

February 15, 2017 2:10:04 PM UTC : One or more of the services shown above is currently experiencing problems that the Norton team is resolving.

I have not been able to log in to Identity Safe since Feb 14.  I was on chat call last night for two hours before we saw the above message referring to ID Safe on the Norton Services page.  What is status?  Anybody else having issues?

Labels: Online Vault

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Identity Safe

Hello

https://status.norton.com is the link you can use to check on the issue.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Apologies but I beg to differ. https://status.norton.com/ shows all green check marks for all of norton but chatting with customer support, IDSafe is still have issues. I am not sure what the green check marks mean but it does not mean the actual application is fine. As well, judging by all the people having issues with IDSafe, I rather doubt the green checkmark indicates problem free status.
Kudos1 Stats

Just finished with support. While that useless status.norton.com shows all green (e.g. No issues) support has given an eta of another 24 hours for the issue to be fixed.
Kudos0

Hello Glenn D

Could you please tell us your issue? Perhaps we can help you here? We do have direct contact with the Symantec Employees? Btw, the Status link is from Symantec Employees.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Floplot, I am having a multitude of issues. Started when I tried to access IDSafe from my iPad. I got a server error back from norton followed immediately by a message that my fault has been deleted. I believe my profile may have been corrupted. It took about 24 hours until I was able to log into IDSafe again. So now I can log in directly to the website but there is no data. My icon just turns into the spinning disk (waiting, waiting). When logging into IDSafe via my iPhone or iPad or norton bar on browsers (different browsers, different pc's) I get the correct count of logins but all are blank. On the iPad or iPhone same except IDSafe crashes immediately when selecting "notes". While the count is correct, selecting it and I am kicked out of IDSafe and have to re-log in again. A whole mess of issues with IDSafe. But hey, I have had four support folks tell me I have not lost any data. I do not believe as I have never seen issues like this from IDSafe. And the server message followed by "your vault has been deleted" message scares the crap out of me. Given my experience this weekend with IDSafe, I would be surprised if anyone would ever trust this software again. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong. But given what I have experienced, I do not think I will. I will be curious to see how norton backs up their system and if/how they do restores. So, think you can help? I would be impressed. BTW - the apps have been reinstalled, devices rebooted, etc.. All with no changed which leads me to believe major issues on the server (Norton) end.
Kudos0

Hello

This being a long weekend here, I can't try to get any answers now. I'm a Guru, but I am not a Norton Employee. I did hear though that the ID Safe issue started late in the Mobile products  than with the PC's  Perhaps you may find out more information over in the Mobile Forum.

On that Status article, there is another link in it. If you click on that, it gives you more information.

What version are you using now? If you are on 22.9.0.68, you might want to go back to 22.8/ Version 22.9.0.68 has been pulled off the download servers for  now. If you use the Remove and Replace Tool, you would get 22.8. You will have to run live update until you have all the updates restarting as needed..

Perhaps you will have better luck with 22.8

www.norton.com/nrnr   Please read the opening paragraph.

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

Floplot,

Logging into the norton website directly should remove any version issues - correct? 
Logging into the website shows that I have lost ALL my information due to this Norton maintenance issue.  I have zero logins, my notes are empty yet the blank entries appear to have valid dates of my last changes.

Overall, I really am not impressed with Norton (Symantec) and this product.  Actually, reading the forums of the many products sold, I am not sure I would buy any product from Symantec.  This issue this weekend really pushed me over the edge.  I would like to be surprised and have Norton (Symantec) restore my account (my logins and my notes) ... but I really am not holding my breath.

If indeed I have lost everything, it does show me that yes, Norton is concerned about my data security ... just not as much on my data availability.  I really hope Norton customer support can prove me wrong (and I will publically admit that I was wrong).  But from my many sessions with Norton Support, I really am not holding my breath.  Support in case case was less than stellar (apologies to the support staff, I know they are trying).

Cheers

Kudos0

And ... the other issue (100% reproducible on iPhone and iPad) with my account is, after logging in, selecting "logins" I see the correct count of login entries I had but all are blank.

Selecting Notes immediately crashes IDSafe ... so there is more Norton Magic that needs to be distributed to fix this. 

Or, as I stated earlier, I was unfortunate enough to log in at the wrong time and my account/profiles is messed up.  And I still am very concerned that, when logging in and getting the Norton Server Error immediately followed by my vault has been deleted, that I have lost all my data that I trusted to this application.

Should I have backed up - definitely.  However, when on the road with only a phone and iPad (travel light), not possible to backup.  Norton has not yet provided the option to back up IDSafe to the iCloud (or at least that I am aware).

I hope no one else is having the frustration I am having with IDSafe - that my experience is far and few between

Cheers

Kudos0

Glenn D,

Please navigate to the following:

Users\<User Name>\My Documents\Norton Identity Safe Backups\<Norton account name>

This should be where your ID safe Log-ins are automatically backed up to - provided you have selected the option in ID Safe settings > Import/Export Tab.

The backup is in .dat format, so you will not be able to read it - however, it can be Imported back into your Vault.

FWIW, my ID Safe works as advertised on my Android.

Kudos0

i'm having this problem as well on windows 10,i had to refresh windows 10 on the 18th and since i reinstalled norton i can't sign into my password manager through IE,Firefox or Chrome.it times out in IE and chrome but doesn't even attempt to unlock in Firefox.

i've checked and norton 360 is running version 22.8,i contacted norton yesterday through chat and all i got was that the server was under maintenance so wait 24-48 hours.

this is very frustrating because needing random passwords in this day and age i have no hope of remembering any but a few that i need (i can't access any of my e-mail accounts ).i did make a manual backup but as a .dat file,i wish i had done it as plain text now.

Kudos0

Glenn D

As floplot noted above, there are some ongoing issues at Norton's end with the mobile versions of ID Safe.

Keep an eye on a couple of threads for updates on the issue

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/identity-safe-server-error-mobile...

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-identity-safe-not-syncing

And as yank noted, you should have a backup of your logins available for when the issues are resolved. You will be able to import the backup and you will have all your logins available.

Keep checking from a PC by logging into the website from your browser. Hopefully you will eventually see everything looking good again sometime after this long weekend.

Maybe @Thilak saravanan can check in on this thread because of your IOS experience.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

To Permalink, Thank you for the suggestions. My PC is approximately a 15 hour flight away. So I will not be able to see if I have any backup there. What I find disappointing, and I believe many others will agree, is the amount of time and effort being put on finding ways to work around the issue by the many customers of this Symantec service. As well also disappointing is that Norton Support really have no idea what is happening, what is the current status (other than maybe it will be fixed in another 24 hours), AND there does not appear to be any general message of the issue or status on the website or forum (that I could see). It really is disappointing that a company sells a software solution (I got mine as part of Norton Internet Security 2017) and does not appear to have a robust support organization around it. I would have thought that a company, offering a product that people are to trust with their personal information, would have had backup servers that could be deployed when the main servers are messed up (I think what is happening here can be termed as messed up). I would have been better off putting my logins and passwords (plus other important information) on sticky notes. At least I would have had access to them this weekend ( actually, longer than this weekend). Truly disappointing in my opinion of a company that considers itself a leader within this product arena. As of right now (despite the time to resolution as given by Norton Support) I have no access to my information, when I log in directly to their server I only get the spinner icon (waiting. Nothing happens), and the iPad and iPhone app crashes immediately when selecting Notes. Funny, I would have expected someone from Symantec posting here somewhere echoing their commitment to customers at this point versus leaving the Norton Supports folks all alone on the front line. The experience to me over the past four + days has been very disappointing.

Kudos0

Just got off another information filled discussion with Norton Support. Issue still exists and the have absolutely no idea when it will be fixed. In my opinion, beyond disappointing since Symantec sold customers "trust us to protect your data" and now I cannot get my data.
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Glenn D, I'm sorry you are having difficulties - but I feel a jab to the gut of Norton is appropriate:

Remember the Local Vault? 

Kudos0

Glenn D

You will not find anyone here disagreeing with you on the availability of the online ID Safe. Looking back over the last few years of this forum, Norton's decision to no longer support a local vault has been debated all along. This current issue is the main argument we keep making about accessibility if there is a server problem.

Hopefully when it is all sorted, your vault will still be intact and you can move on.

Kudos0

Hello,

Fully agree on the local vault. 
I am going to guess this latest (major) issue is going to drive up the business for the competition.  Given the complete lack of support from Norton (Symantec), I know that I am now shopping elsewhere.

If a utility like IDSafe cannot be kept functioning, I am not going to trust the security of my computers (against virus) with Symantec.  Unfortunately, I can only assume the same software quality and support.

Given the latest issues (and the amount of time that has passed and still no fix), I would not be surprised to see Symantec dropping this product.

Cheers

Kudos1 Stats

You can still use a different password manager and keep the excellent Norton security product. It is just the add on that they seem to be having issues with.

Kudos0

This is rapidly going from frustrating to annoying that there is no resolution.as with others trying to sign into the identity safe site tells me i have no vault but my laptop will show my hint for the password to access the vault so i clearly do have one.

i should have recieved an e-mail either last night or today from the sega make love not war promotion with a steam code for a game and/or dlc,i believe the codes only last 72 hours,without my passwords to get into my e-mails i could lose out on that.

Kudos0

i'm getting a different message now since the 22.9 patch today.

instead of timing out i'm now getting "a network error is preventing access to your vault.check your computer's internet connectivity or try again at a later time"

is this progress towards a solution ?

Kudos0

I was finally able to login to my online vault for the first time in 2 weeks.  My devices are all syncing again too.  It looks like they have fixed the issue.

Kudos0

Hi Carolyn M Bliss

Glad to hear your problem is solved., Just be cautious as, they have not fixed mine,  been waiting 3 to 4 weeks. Still; not able to Log into my Safe, I am loosing patience and confidence, with Norton (Symantec) as I have also , had to re activate my antivirus programs .Message :- licence cancelled reactivate. That is a real worry. Nobody seams to know what is going on , Including Norton . All sorts of advice have been given for fixes but all lead to dead ends. We seam to rely on other people being able to, fix their problem, and hope it helps someone else.

Edward.

Kudos0

Hello parfossil

If you have an issue with your subscription, the only way to get help with that is to contact Customer Support. We can not help with those issues because we can not access your Norton Account.

www.norton.com/contactcs

Thanks.

Kudos0

Thank you for replying, I appreciate your comment, go to , support. Yes When you go to support, they seam to be reading from a fault finding chart  do this then. . But if your problem does not fit the general procedures then you are stuck.

Why I am so Upset with you, Norton, I Have Had several attempts with chat, to no avail,  all I get is , we have a problem with our server , it will be fixed within 24 hours Three to four weeks now , same reply., my problem still exists (cant access identity safe) on one of my  computers, of a five seat. I found I  can access identity safe with two of my five devices. I have followed the advice on Norton, except  editing the registry. Deleted and reinstalled Norton 360.I am worried as I received the message,  licence cancelled reactivate. How did that happen. When I try to activate that device, I sign in get security code  by phone then Server error.????****

checked my account and what a mess ,I am told I have 8 devices that is incorrect, I have 6 devices.I have used only 3 seats of my five seat licence , that is incorrect. (I have actually used 5)The names of my devices are different between , Norton studio and Norton, My account .how did that get muddled up?.clicked activate, nothing happens. I give up. Hate to think what would happen if other company servers had an error and they could not fix it ???? aeroplanes may fall out of the sky. servers for Norton antivirus , how long would it take to fix it.

Please check the Norton web site and see what other are saying it would appear that others are having the same problem. Can I talk to an expert without having to pay?

Kudos0

Well my Identity Safe just quit working with Firefox yesterday 5th March and still isn't working this morning. Doesn't seem to me Norton is "fixing" anything!

Kudos0

parfossil 

checked my account and what a mess ,I am told I have 8 devices that is incorrect, I have 6 devices.I have used only 3 seats of my five seat licence , that is incorrect. (I have actually used 5)The names of my devices are different between , Norton studio and Norton, My account .how did that get muddled up?.clicked activate, nothing happens. I give up. Hate to think what would happen if other company servers had an error and they could not fix it ???? aeroplanes may fall out of the sky. servers for Norton antivirus , how long would it take to fix it.

It has been well documented in the forums here that the Devices page on the Norton Management page is often incorrect. It seems to retain entries for older installations if you do a reinstall or uninstall. Also, the names often do not match the names on the Services page. The page that is correct is the My Services page. From the page at  https://manage.norton.com   click on My Norton at the top right and click on My Services. 

[Edited Hyperlink]

Kudos0

HI

Thanks for that information, btw the link above did not work.

update , I deleted and reinstalled my devices and everything seams to be ok ,

Except I still Cant access my Identity safe..

Kudos0

Hi @parfossil,

With regards to Identity Safe vault access issue, I have sent you a private message requesting more details for further investigation. Please check it when you get a chance. Thanks

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hello parfossil

If your last post was to me, my link for Customer Support does work. I just tested. It is supposed to work world wide where ever Norton has an office,  Perhaps if that link doesn't work for you might be part of your problem.. Please do look for Sunil's Private Message in the Inbox listed on the upper right. It looks like an envelops.

Thanks.

Kudos0

floplot

If your last post was to me, my link for Customer Support does work.

It was directed at my link to the Norton Management page. It had the %20 added to the end of the link (again ). I had a mod fix the link so it does work now. I guess I'll have to start testing all my links now.

Kudos0

Hello Peter

OK, thanks.

Kudos0

Lots of private emails to get information on the issue on accessing the IdentitiySafe.Norton.com server.  Unfortunately, there does not appear to be much progress (based upon the communications back) on any resolution.

Currently, I got approximately 66% of my logins returned connecting to the Symantec server via IDSafe apps.  However, none of my NOTES were returned and the remaining 34% of my logins are missing. 

Can someone in Symantec PLEASE actually address the issue with the Symantec software/server????

I was promised by numerous Support Chat people that I would get ALL my data back (ohhh..... it is secure, we have 256 encryption ... ohhh, your data is secure and nothing will be lost).  Currently I HAVE lost data.  Currently I CANNOT access the Symantec Server (the home of ALL the data).

Come on Symantec folks ... please fix this!!!!

Very disappointing given the initial date of the issue, the time elapsed, and where I am now (after putting my trust in Symantec)

Thank-you

Kudos0

Hello Glenn

I have requested some one to help with the remaining logins and Notes.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello,

This is the issue that many others are complaining about.  Logging into identitysafe.Norton.com, you get the following screen ... just the spinner icon and NO DATA.

Any update when this will be addressed?  This issue has been present now one day short of one month.

Glenn

Kudos0

Dear all,

Just had another session with Support Chat.  I was told that there are more patches going into the server and to wait 24-48 hours and the above problem should be fixed.  And more important is that all the data would be restored.

I have my fingers crossed.  I have been without my data access for one month now.  Hope this fixes everyone's issue plus mine.

Cheers
Glenn

Kudos0

Hello Glenn

it's the weekend now, so we (Gurus) won't hear any information from Norton until at the earliest on Monday. Sometimes we hear first and sometimes Customer Support hears first.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Apologies to all ... seems I drank from the Symantec empty promises trough.  I just finished another completely waste of time session with Support Chat ... I was told that there really is no ETA ... they are working to fix the IDSafe Issues but have no idea when the fix will be complete

A bit of a rant ... really getting tired of the promises from Symantec/Norton and the 24-48 hours excuses.  It officially for me is 30 days of no access to my data.

Norton used to be a good company in my opinion ... after this whole messy experience, I have ZERO faith in anything they say or any product they sell.  Too bad

Time to start requesting new passwords ... the current mess cost me $$ due to productivity hits ... and now it is going to cost me more $$ on getting new passwords to external systems

Disappointing.  I hope everyone that has gotten their data back has backed it up and are looking for a plan B.  Plan N is not that reliable

Rant off

Regards

Kudos0

Yes well, I couldn't agree more. It appears that chat , is of no help.

( Your data is backed up automatically on your PC) if you get identity safe working ,you should be able to import it back in, if it does not pick it up automatically.

You could try downloading and maybe installing the safe from Norton site. I did and got a new Icon on my desktop, that worked.

But it stoped working when I tried to access it from N360 or internet explorer (Broken one)And it did work again after a restart. Not satisfied that the safe was not working in N360 and internet explorer I fixed my problem by using the removal and reinstall tool a couple of times. Now everything is working for me.

Here is a suggestion to try, If you have an android device , install Norton safe from the play store ,

Enter your password and with luck the safe will open for you, data intact.

AS Norton appears to be of no help ,  may be ,this will help you .

parfossil

Kudos0

@ parfossil,

thank-you for the suggestions.  Stupidly, I trusted the vault from my iPhone and iPad as I was on business travels and did not have access to my personal laptop (and the business ones being used were locked down - plus I do think it smart to put vaults on devices not your own).

As per my previous posts, when logging directly into the Norton vault (IdentitySafe.Norton.com), I get nothing.  Connecting to the vault on my personal laptop gives me about 60% of my data.  Rest is not available.  So connecting via an android phone or anything else cannot restore information that Symantec no longer appears to have ... :(

Personally, I do not have a good feeling about this whole issue.  This was reinforced when Symantec Support asked me for a backup file so they could restore my vault.  Just one of those things that make one go .... hummmmmm

Unfortunately, I keep hearing that there is ONE MORE patch for the server and it will be fixed in 24-48 hours ... just too many "one more patch" statements.  For me, it has now been over 30 days since I lost access to my vault and all my data.  And Norton has not be forthcoming in what exactly the issue is ...

Hopefully it will be fixed soon ... but I am not holding my breath anymore.

Glenn

Kudos0

Hi Glen

Yes I feel the same they have completely lost my faith, I can't understand how Norton would ask you for a backup file, that is beyond my belief.

when I logged into my online safe I got the error message :- Unable to find a vault for this account ,  That is not true , as I found I could log on to my Safe from  my android pad.

If you can get the safe to work, there are backup files on your PC Identity safe backs up your data and stores them on your PC . or at Least that's what happened for me .C:\users\parfossil\documents\Norton identity safe backup files Or ( look for Nortons identity backup files in the Documents folder.) I found , backup files from 10\2\2016 stored there by the program automatically.

Hey it is not me that should be telling you this as I am only a user like yourself.

Have you tried the  Norton removal and reinstall , tool on your PC. That's what got me going.

What would happen if the antivirus program got a bug? would it  take a month to fix ?. 

P.S looking through Symantec community , in other threads,  this seams to bee a problem for quite some time.

parfossil

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.