• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Identity Safe 5.2.1.2 and later versions broke several logins in Firefox 58

You closed out the other thread without solving the problem.  Identity safe is still broken.  These logins and other still do not work.

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/login.cmd
https://www.iberiabank.com/personal/

Please fix your product

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity Safe 5.2.1.2 and later versions broke several logins in Firefox 58

There may be something about those sites that has changed recently. Norton needs to know about these changes before they can fix it.

From your browser, click on the ID Safe icon at the right of the browser address bar. Then be sure the vault is open. Then click the icon again, then on the 3 dots at the bottom right. Then click on Feedback and submit the web site information.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Version 5.1.1.2 works fine for those two sites.  They broke with 5.2.x.x.  I always submit login failures to Norton as you describe.

Kudos0

ghamer3545 Your other thread here automatically closed as the forums are set to do when there isn't any activity on the thread for more than 30 days. This advisory for FF was released just 4 days ago, your version of FF is affected although with a LOW risk. Check your SSL settings at this site  to see if there are any issues with your browser. As peterweb has stated, please keep in mind that no AV vendor can keep up with changes other businesses make to their login scenarios on their websites. Most corporations are scrambling these days to stay ahead of risks to their infrastructure. If you'd like to install an older version if IDS get it here. I would recommend doing so until Norton can look at the issue, remediate a fix if required on their part and do so without "band aiding" the solution.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Soul Asylum   thanks for the info.  All of the versions at that site are 5.2.x.x and have the same problem.  I already have earlier versions that work on all but one pc that I use for testing. 

Kudos0

I have used that Feedback link a number of times but no fixes for a number of failing sites I have reported over the last few Months.

Is Norton reading this Feedback?

Jim 

Kudos0

Jim, as you know (or should know) we lost some of our more dedicated Norton employees not too long ago and now others have to fill that gap - maybe not as many employees are reading as much as those used to.

Kudos0

I just checked the two websites I reported earlier on the latest version 5.2.5.13 and they still don't work.  Apparently NOTHING is being done to fix them. I also used the feedback link as I did with the others to report

https://www.weber.com/US/en/myaccount/login/

which doesn't work either.  I don't know and don't care how many employees Norton lost.  I only care that the problems get fixed in a reasonable time and that has not happened. 

Kudos0

ghamer3545 These are the release notes concerning your current version FF 58?  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/58.0/releasenotes/

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Upcoming_Distrust_Actions

"Added a warning to alert users and site owners of planned security changes to sites affected by the gradual distrust plan for the Symantec certificate authority"

FWIW!! Since FF is already at version 59.0.2 I'd say things change faster with Mozilla, as they also do with Chrome, than Norton can actually keep track of. They as all companies do have a matrix to follow, updates won't or fixes don't come as fast as we'd wish for that reason alone. Adding the certificate distrust issue to the mix doesn't help things either testing or otherwise. Have you contacted the weber website support about the issue as well? This advisory as we posted earlier could be something weber is blocking on their site. Just a thought.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

SoulAsylum  So your point is Norton is doing nothing to fix a problem they created.  I still use the earlier version 5.1.1.2 of identity safe on my PCs and it works for those first two sites.  If the earlier version works the newer versions should work.

Kudos0

I just loaded 5.3.1.6 on my test PC.  Still can't login to Humana and Iberiabank.  Weber is OK but that must just be a fluke.  Symantec - if you break it you oughta fix it!

Kudos0

Up to 5.3.3.5 and it still does not work.  www.humana.com\login doesn't work either.  I keep reporting them in "feedback" but that does no good either.  Only 96 days left on my 5 PC subscription. Get with it, please.

Kudos0

Ghamer3545. Allow me to ask again since I cannot find a post where it was asked previously. What OS are you running? If you are running an insider build, no matter the version that is an issue. Insider builds are NOT certified to run Norton products and function correctly. Secondarily, the latest version of Windows 10, 1803 is also nothing more than a insider release chocked full of issues. FYI, FF is now up to version 60.0.1 here are the release notes. You may want to consider upgrading for the sake of bug fixes and enhancements.

As a side note the current IDS on my machines will not auto-fill for certain sites as those sites have disabled the old login and now require a manual username / passcode entry each visit. This is NOT due to IDS. I have verified the issue on Chrome, Edge and IE11 for all my machines. Other users are reporting FF works and other browsers do not. That is being discussed in this thread. However I do not use FF for personal reasons.

Cheers

Kudos0

SoulAsylum. I am running Win 10, 1803 and FF 60.0.1 on the three PCs that use FF.  Yes, every time a new version of Win 10 comes out MS screws something up but I doubt it screwed up IDS.  My primary PC is still running IDS v 5.1.1.2 and it still logs in properly to those three sites.  There's nothing you can say that will convince me that IDS and therefore Norton is not the problem.  IDS works correctly for those sites in Internet Explorer but I choose not to use it or the other available browsers for personal reasons.

Kudos0

To each their own. The common denominator for me is version 1803. I will leave it there.

Cheers

Kudos0

Now on v. 5.3.5.5 on my test pc and these logins still do not work.  I report them through feedback and Norton just continues to ignore them. Nothing wrong with PC, OS or browser - just Norton.

Kudos0

Now on v. 5.3.6.2 on my test pc and these logins still do not work.  I reported them again through feedback and Norton just continues to ignore them. Nothing wrong with PC, OS or browser - just Norton. v5.1.1.2 still works fine. 

Kudos0

ghamer3545 Escalated the issue for you hoping someone Norton can chime in and assist.

Cheers

Kudos0

Hi @ghamer3545,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will report to this issue to concern team for further investigation. Can you please confirm below for latest details?

Firefox current version installed?
Norton Identity safe extension version installed?

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Sunil_GA.  The PC that i use to test IDS has Firefox version 61.0 and IDS version 5.3.6.2 installed.  I keep Firefox up to date on my other PCs but I will not upgrade IDS until these logins are fixed.  I have 69 days left on my subscription to Norton Security and after more than 30 years using Norton products I am seriously considering changing to a different security system as it appears that Norton is lacking in customer support for IDS and probably Norton Security too. This has been going on for over 3 months and now I finally have the ear of someone from Norton.  This may be too little too late. 

Kudos0

Thanks for the information provided, @ghamer3545,

Autosave and autofill is working for https://www.iberiabank.com/personal/ on all supported browsers. FF, Chrome and Edge from internal testing. Can you please update Norton Identity Safe extension to latest version on your test computer and let us know the current status with screen shots?

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/login.cmd: Please provide screen shots with issue for this website with latest version of Norton Identity safe for further investigation? 

Kudos0

Sunil_GA

Requested Screenshots

HP 1.pdf - Humana pharmacy IDS v5.3.7.4, HP 2.pdf - Humana Pharmacy IDS v5.1.1.2

IBB 1.pdf - IberiaBank IDS v5.3.7.4, IBB 2.pdf - IberiaBank IDS v5.1.1.2. You get a bye on this one.  You stated that this it worked so I had to see how.  The first page is a login page and it still does not work.  However I now find if one clicks on the login link at the top right of the first login page a second login page opens and it does work.  Like I said, still broken but with extra steps IDS will login.

MH 1.pdf - Humana.com IDS v5.3.7.4, MH 2.pdf , Humana.com IDS v5.1.1.2.

With all IDS version above 5.1.1.2, these logins are dead to IDS.  All one can do is manually fill them in. Why do they work in v5.1.1.2 but fail in all higher version?

Kudos1 Stats

IBB 1.pdf - IberiaBank IDS v5.3.7.4, IBB 2.pdf - IberiaBank IDS v5.1.1.2. You get a bye on this one.  You stated that this it worked so I had to see how.  The first page is a login page and it still does not work.  However I now find if one clicks on the login link at the top right of the first login page a second login page opens and it does work. 

How are you getting to the bank page from your first image? If it is from a bookmark you have been using, the actual login page may have changed. Try removing the bookmark, and setting up a new one.

Same goes for if you were using an ID Safe saved login to get to the bank site. The old URL many need to be updated to the new one that is working.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Sunil_GA

So what's the prognosis.  Has anyone really done any work on this.  I provided what you asked for a week ago.  I don't see any new IDS updates and these logins still do not work. 

Kudos0

Sunil_GA, SoulAsylum

I just updated to IDS v5.3.8.5 and all three logins are now working properly.  I do appreciated this errors being corrected however I am extremely disappointed in the time and interactions it took to fix them.  Obviously the IDS feedback system and the Community/forum system need tweaking.

Kudos0

Hi @ghamer3545,

I'm glad logins fill issue is now resolved for you with latest Norton Identity Safe 5.3.8.5. Thanks for the update and feedback. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.