• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos2 Stats

Identity safe and Firefox 48.0.2

Will Identity safe ever work as before on Firefox 48.0.2 I would like to know because If not I won't bother renew Norton

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Identity safe and Firefox 48.0.2

Depends on how you define 'as before'. It is now its own extension in FF rather than part of the Norton Toolbar. There are many features that are not there, yet. Only minimal settings to adjust, no editing of logins. Hopefully these will be addressed in the updates to the new ID Safe.

Was there a specific function you were looking for?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

He probably is referring to the password option....my guess. 

Kudos0

I installed FireFox 48.0.2 and enables Norton's but the fill in passwords do not work. Norton's menu says "Norton Tool Bar not configured.  Well, it will not configure.

Kudos0

Check your add ons in FF. There are two called Identity Safe. You need both enabled if you want the Norton Toolbar, and the ID Safe functions. The add on with the long description is the new ID Safe extension.

Kudos0

Sometimes it is too weird to believe. My laptop (Dell Win-10) with FireFox configured Norton's Tool Bar okay and it works.  Man o man, when will the madness end.   The reason I went to FireFox is my IE 11 started down hill with YouTube sound problems, unstable at times, and cranky, and some vault problems.  Treed Chrome on the desktop internet speed tested 1/3rd speed of Comcast 130 Mps.  But, FireFox runs at the right speed test.  So now I have a desktop with IR=E 11 in the bit bucket, Chrome running real slow and Firefox Norton vault problems.  And a laptop IE 11 in the bucket, Chrome and FireFox the same, Wi-Fi.   Getting too old for this. Will figure out why Chrome is so slow first, the FireFox the vault. 

Kudos0

Oh well, that didn't last long.  Now Norton's Toolbar will not configure Firefox, says Norton's not installed.  I gvie.

Kudos0

Had you tried to install the extension before updating FF to v48? Try uninstalling the new extension. Restart your computer. Then  go to Add ons in FF and look for the ID Safe extension again, and install it.

Kudos1 Stats

FireFox has "Add ons" and Norton's is enabled; however, Norton's Toolbar shows up without the "Vault" in it on the browser page.  No auto fill in as well.  It says it is there but it is not there.  Norton's disappeared in IE 11, now FireFox, but it works fine in Chrome.  Chrome is running slower that both so I would rather not use Chrome.  FUBAR.

Kudos0

If you are looking for the new ID Safe, the small icon is at the right end of the FF address bar. It is no longer on the Norton Toolbar.

Kudos1 Stats

I have got the Firefox extension and I can now edit my logins (as I changed a few passwords) so it is working fine on Firefox 48.0.2 id safe also fills in when I go to the sites and also saves the login from new sites I visit, so I am well chuffed (English expression) thanks for all the comments

Kudos0

Can't find this on my FireFox 48.0.2.  Norton toolbar only shows search, This Page is Secure and three dots, but no vault stuff.  That icon is not on the bar above Norton.  Wish I was more familiar with FireFox.  Frustrating to be sure.

Kudos0

You have to get the extension from Firefox, Norton identity safe, install that and it should appear on the right hand side of the navigation bar not on the Norton toolbar
Kudos0

azara50:

I have got the Firefox extension and I can now edit my logins (as I changed a few passwords) so it is working fine on Firefox 48.0.2 id safe also fills in when I go to the sites and also saves the login from new sites I visit, so I am well chuffed (English expression) thanks for all the comments

When you say you can edit a login. Are you referring to going to a site with a login in the vault, and entering a new password, then the vault saving that.

This is not the edit function people are looking for. They are referring to opening your vault and finding a login and making edits to it. You can still do this if you open the vault from IE or Chrome or from your Norton Product.

Kudos0

Peter Web. I go to my Norton Internet Security and log in to Identity safe to go to your saved logins, click on the drop down menu top right then click "date modified" then click on the login that you want to edit and it will go to the edit or delete, if you want to change your password just click on it backspace to remove it type new password and save same goes to change your email
Kudos1 Stats

azara50

That functionality has not changed. It is the ability to open the vault from FF to make edits that is not yet in place.

Kudos1 Stats

I think the only thing the firefox id safe does is log you in to your saved site logins, I preferred it when the id safe was in the Norton toolbar, so easy and simple.

Kudos0

Thanks, I clicked on the three dots and it was there instead of the toolbar.  No problem. Sorry for bothering yawl, I am getting old and frustrations get old :)

Jeff

Kudos0

Me too........

Kudos0

I have FF 48.0.2 and I installed the new add-on for ID Safe. The first time I started Firefox, it prompted me to login to my Vault. That is all well and good. But after closing Firefox, the next time I started Firefox I again had to open my Vault. Prior to all this hubbub with the changes to ID safe, I only had to open my Vault once after Windows was up and the Vault stayed open until the next boot of Windows. 

I sure hope this is a temporary glitch and not a permanent change to the way ID safe works.

Kudos1 Stats

You have to log in each time you start FF as a security measure. Many are hoping for more control over this new ID Safe extension as it evolves.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.