• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Login Assistant problem with multiple logins in NIS2013.

Either I do not understand how it is supposed to work, or the Login Assistant simply does not work with a site that has multiple login credentials.  It is certainly different from NIS2012 and its predecessors.  I find no help in Help.  Can someone describe how to use an alternate login on a site with multiple logins, please.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Login Assistant problem with multiple logins in NIS2013.

Hi,

Login Assistant is a feature which would help you in filling the page with the login and form info which was already saved in your vault. You can use this when ever you find autofill feature doesn't work for a page and you have a login saved in your vault alreaady. Please follow the below steps.

1. Browse to a page for which you have a login saved in your vault

2. You see a wierd behavior where identity safe is not autofilling the credentials.

3. Click on the login assistant button on the toolbar.

4. From the drop down the select the login which you want the page to be filled with.

5. Username and password of the selected login will be displayed.

6. Mouse over near/on the username

7. You will now see a copy button appearing on the right side, use it to copy the login

8. Paste it in the username field on the page.

9.Similarly for password click on the show and then you will see the copy button appearing, paste it in the password field. 

Similarly, if you want the page to be filled in with the any of the information you have saved in your Card section of the identity safe, you can do even that. Just a copy-paste procedure as above.  Apart from that you will see a Edit button and Clear Clipboard button and they are self explanatory.

This was mainly introduced to support the identity safe functionality, it might be a copy-paste option but you are doing it in a secured way..!

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Prasanna - thanks for your reply.  I followed your instructions, and I can now use Login Assistant to enter a second username and password for a web site.  I was using the "Copy" function incorrectly.  It took me a few false starts before I realized I must click on the word "Copy" to copy the username.  When I mouse over the username it becomes bold and the word "Copy" pops up, also in bold.  Clicking on the bold username does not copy it.  When I click "Show" for the password, the password pops up along with the word "Copy", neither in bold.

I will choose to use the temporary toolbar that now pops up below the toolbars to select and fill the alternate login credentials.  Using the toolbar option is far simpler (2 clicks) than using Login Assistant.

Kudos0

Hi,

Login assistant is specially meant for web pages/URLs where this temporary toolbar i.e we call it as INFOBAR fails to detect the login page. It would do in most cases but at some rare cases it would not show up and you will not be able to fill it directly from that. And there comes the extended help of "Login Assistant" and you can use this Copy option to use the logins which is saved in your vault. I just wanted to let you and others here to know about the usage of this login assistant and i believe it would benefit others too.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Prasanna - Thanks for the clarification on using Login Assistant.  Please tell the Identity Safe developers we really need a way to minimize and/or customize the Toolbar.  It simply occupies too much valuable space.  Make it more like thne Toolbar in Identity Safe 2012.  Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.