• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

My Norton Account Shows 360 Uninstalling !!

Hi Guys help please , I have had a Norton account for many years and never had a problem. Today I have tried to install a different version of 360 and tried to delete the old version through the PC which was not effective, so went into my account page to remove the old version , which was Ok to start with but 8 hours later it is still showing it as "Uninstalling" and will not let me do anything as all the buttons are unusable. Any ideas ??? Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: My Norton Account Shows 360 Uninstalling !!

Hello Bryan

I don't know if this will work. I assume you want to remove 22.5.0.124 and go back to 21.7. Please try going into safe mode and try using the Norton Removal tool. If that is successful in removing the messed up NIS, then go to www.norton.com/oldnis  After installing it, immediately disable Automatic Download of New Version. Then run Live Update and restart as necessary and run Live Update until no more updates are available. Then restart again. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I have tried to install a different version of 360

Could you clarify what the intended change was -- was it a different version of the actual Norton 360 like Premier instead of Standard or for more than the normal 3 users OR was it the current version of Norton 360 V22 which has major updates in its working.

It might make a difference to the best way of doing the replacement you refer to.

What version of Windows are you on?

BTW Someone else has recently commented on that Dustbin uninstall in Norton Account as having given problems ..... I think the only time I used it was after I uninstalled a copy of the program on one of several computers and wanted to make sure the activation was freed up to use it again.

I notice that the Dustbin icon puts up the label Remove Device rather than Uninstall Device and in addition it says here in another HELP source on how to transfer a license to another device:

Under Manage My Installs, click the trashcan icon under Remove License next to the device you no longer use. 

so I'm not even sure that the Dustbin is intended to uninstall rather than free up the license!

Hugh
Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

There are two trash can icons for each device on the Devices tab.  The top one removes the licence only, while the lower one attempts to uninstall the program from that machine.  I suggest you try clicking the top icon, or if that doesn't work, go to the Services tab and click the trash can icon next to the machine with the problem.  It is possible you will need to re-activate that machine after.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

K

There are two trash can icons for each device on the Devices tab.  The top one removes the licence only, while the lower one attempts to uninstall the program from that machine.

Thanks for pointing that out -- confusing to have two identical icons on the same page doing different things and depending on recognizing the significance of the second word of each description .... 

Hugh
Kudos0

Thanks for all your help and suggestions they have been invaluable and have helped me sort the issue, it was those pesky dustbins and with a bit of patience and logic the "uninstalling" message has stopped and I am back to normal.

Thanks again.........I am sure I will be back

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.