• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

My Norton Security 22.5.2.15 In Windows 10 periodically fails

My Norton Security 22.5.2.15 In Windows 10 periodically fails to work.  The tool bar looses the icon and when selecting the shortcut to Norton Security nothing happens.  I have to uninstall NS, reload, and it comes back.  Then it fails a random times.  I've used the Norton Power Eraser, Norton Unwanted apps scan, and still have the problem.  Does anyone else have this problem or a fix?  Thanks

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: My Norton Security 22.5.2.15 In Windows 10 periodically fails

Kudos0

Awesome!  I had no idea.  Let me test this for a few days.  My many thanks!!!

Kudos0

Norton works fine on windows 10 here

Kudos0

Also, be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Why can't Nortons with all their wisdom , fix NIS so the it recognizes that I am using Win8.1, not Win 10? I also have the latest version of NIS  22.5.2.15 but I get a splash screen every few min advising that I need to get the latest version because what I have is not compatible with Win10??? I've been a Nortons user since the early days of Peter Norton software in the early 90s. Also to make it worse, every time I shut down or restart Windows NIS fails to load and I have to go through the uninstall_Reinstall process to get my NIS to load. It works fine until the next shutdown except for the contant Splashsreens every few minutes. I want very much to keep my Nortons NIS due mto all the features, but I can't keep living with these ridiculous problems. NORTON EMPLOYEES on this forum. Please advise why this is happening with my favorite security program and when it will be fixed. 

Kudos0

hi Belco45

There is a fix for the update splash screen which can be found in the link below:

Windows 10 upgrade screen fix

Windows 8.1 has a Fast Start-up feature which can cause problems for many programs including Norton and Windows itself you may find that turning it off may solve your other problem. If you are not familiar with Fast Start-up you may wish to have a look at the information in the links below:

Fast Start-up 1

Fast Start-up 2

Michael 

Kudos0

I had a similar problem with Norton Security. So I went here C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton and used the EXE to uninstall Norton Security and remove personal settings and data, Restarted my computer using the Windows key and X menu, Installed Norton Security again using https://www.norton.com/latestns After that I have had no problems.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.19.x

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.