• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

My Norton Security Update to Version 22.12.1.14

Today I get the updated of Norton Security to version 22.12.1.14 through Live Update, what is the actually improve with this version, as not yet announce in this forum or seems like the phase manner for few customer receive this update?

B/regards,

Replies

Kudos0

Re: My Norton Security Update to Version 22.12.1.14

I just installed the same patch. I noticed that it deleted all the pre-existing tasks listed in Task Scheduler Library. You might want to check that out.

Kudos0

I also updated of Norton Security to version 22.12.1.14 through Live Update today. Now I find that my Identity Safe local vault on Google Chrome has now migrated to the cloud. I want to return to the local vault. How do I get the local vault back? 

The Identity Safe now turns off automatically after just one login. Every time I want to login to a site I need to first login to the Identity Safe Vault. What has gone wrong with this update?  

Kudos0

From the statement about what is included in the new release:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Norton crashes while adding multiple firewall rules in program control.
  • Other minor bug fixes

Seriously? "other minor bug fixes"? Would love to find out what those are, especially since I'm annoyed as hell about the bugs in version 22.12.0.104.

Kudos0

Not enough time yet to spot any problems.

Two different sets of liveupdates.  Yesterday's which did not require restart, but big size 101.52 MB, and included NGS---something.  This morining's which was much smaller and included NGS Resources, and required computer restart.

What is this NGS stuff?  What does this mean?  Version is shown as 22.12.1.14 for Norton Security.

Kudos0

percytee, looks as though Norton have forced cloud onto Chrome, see:- https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-identity-safe-52%C2%A0extension-update-google-chrome. After issues we had with 22.11 & 22.12 I will leave for a few days before updating bearing in mind 22.12.0.103 was pulled 3 or 4 times before 104 issued. Norton must do more testing before releasing updates and take notice of paying customer views.

Kudos0

g_cafe_c:

...This morining's which was much smaller and included NGS Resources, and required computer restart.

What is this NGS stuff?  What does this mean?  Version is shown as 22.12.1.14 for Norton Security.

Hi g_cafe_c:

Did you mean NGC (not NGS)?  Symantec employee Tony Weiss' post in houri's thread What is NGC? notes that "NGC is an internal abbreviation for the Norton core products" and it's not unusual to see these NGC updates listed in the LiveUpdate logs (Security | History | Show | LiveUpdate) when Symantec delivers a version update.
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.6.0 * NS Premium v22.12.0.104 * MB v3.1.1

Kudos0

I updated my Norton Security to v.22.12.1.14 today with its attendant message, "The Norton Identity Safe Chrome extension has new features and fixes. Upgrading your extension is required to continue using Norton Identity Safe," - and lost the ability to easily log into websites on Chrome.

The first time I started to log into ID Safe on Chrome, it asked, out of the blue, if I wanted to replace my password. What would I replace it with? It didn't say. I wasn't expecting this, wasn't trying to replace my password or create a new one, so I clicked no, guessing this meant I would keep the existing password.

From then on, two things happened:

1. I have to log into ID Safe from the Chrome toolbar every time I want to log into any site. I expected to stay logged in until I shut down my laptop, at least. However, now I do not stay logged into ID Safe even for as long as I have Chrome open.

2. ID Safe enters my user name/email address but does not fill in the password text box. I have to navigate to my desktop, open ID Safe, log into ID Safe, scroll to the site I'm trying to log into, copy the password to the clipboard, navigate back to Chrome and paste the password into the login text box and then, finally, click "sign in."

Bottom line: Norton's message telling me to upgrade my ID Safe extension in order to continue using ID Safe in Chrome is erroneous.

v.22.12.1.14 is not my idea of an improvement.

Kudos1 Stats

Check your Taskscheduler tasks!!! Most tasks in the root are removed after this update. See :

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-22121-patch-wipes-out-sche...

It should be taken from the servers because it removes many important manufacturer tasks!!!

W10 1809 and 1903 / W10 Insider / IE11 and FF 67, TB 60.7, NS 22.17, (Android 7 with NMS)
Kudos0

Because Norton Admin is missing in action and not providing any guidance or solution I have been forced to stop using Chrome and gone over to using IE11, not my preferred browser.

Has Norton admin gone on annual leave?

Kudos0

No, some have just gone. 

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/goodbye-tony-weiss

Welcome to the future of the Norton forums.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hai _g_cafe c:

Do you mean NGC, yes I receive the update to version 22.12.1.14 through this NGC, this is the first time I receive the update by this module. What is the actually NGC...can anybody inform?

Kudos0

handjojo189:

Hai _g_cafe c:

Do you mean NGC, yes I receive the update to version 22.12.1.14 through this NGC, this is the first time I receive the update by this module. What is the actually NGC...can anybody inform?

@lmacri already gave you the answer.

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7838871#comment-7838871

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

LittleGreen:

I updated my Norton Security to v.22.12.1.14 today with its attendant message, "The Norton Identity Safe Chrome extension has new features and fixes. Upgrading your extension is required to continue using Norton ...

Hi LittleGreen:

You can find further information about the new browser extension in Norton Identity Safe 5.2 Extension Update for Google Chrome that was posted 01-Mar-2018 in the Product Update Announcements blog.  There are links at the bottom of that announcement to additional support articles.
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.6.0 * NS Premium v22.12.0.104 * MB v3.1.1

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.