• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

N360 v20.4.0.40 and Identity Safe

Hello,

I use Identity Safes toolbar to enter user names and password for me. It is driving me crazy however as, even though I have it's time out set to 45 min, it keep logging me out and I have to enter the master password nearly ever time I start a browsing session. In this version there is no selection to keep Identity safe logged in, only the option of allowing it to log off at it's longest delay, 45 minutes. Many times this just defeats the purpose of using it for me. How can I leaved it logged in for good?

Cheers,

dev-------“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something” Plato 424/423 BC – 348/347 BC

Replies

Kudos0

Re: N360 v20.4.0.40 and Identity Safe

Hello,

I use Identity Safes toolbar to enter user names and password for me. It is driving me crazy however as, even though I have it's time out set to 45 min, it keep logging me out and I have to enter the master password nearly ever time I start a browsing session. In this version there is no selection to keep Identity safe logged in, only the option of allowing it to log off at it's longest delay, 45 minutes. Many times this just defeats the purpose of using it for me. How can I leaved it logged in for good?

Cheers,

dev-------“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something” Plato 424/423 BC – 348/347 BC
Kudos0

Hi,

Are you using the online vault or the local version?

I kept the local vault on my N360v20.4 and still have the setting to stay logged in.  It may be different for the online vault.

To check, open the vault and hover over Settings > Passwords and Security.  You should see the following options;

Once logged in I stay logged in until I either shut down my system or manually close the vault.

Cheers.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Since I run the above version (lokal) under W-7 64Bit I have to login every startup of my PC manually even I have selected "no password needed. Automatically log me when Windows started". Otherwise no problems at all.

Kudos1 Stats

aschb wrote:

Since I run the above version (lokal) under W-7 64Bit I have to login every startup of my PC manually even I have selected "no password needed. Automatically log me when Windows started". Otherwise no problems at all.

Try changing the setting to one of the other options. Click Apply. Restart your computer and then reset the password setting to what you want, click Apply and restart. See if that works.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

It works perfect after applying your solution. Thx.

Kudos0

aschb wrote:

It works perfect after applying your solution. Thx.

You are welcome.

Sometimes the settings just get 'stuck' or lost. A reset as you did can bring thins back in line again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.