• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

New NSwB Engine v22.2.0.31

FWIW...

I just received the NSwB v22.2.0.31 engine update via LiveUpdate...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New NSwB Engine v22.2.0.31

Run Live Update again. 

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hello John

I been waiting for a while now for the information about the patch to be posted.. Yes, you may get it in parts. Have you had any problems yet with it?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

No issues so far...

LiveUpdate did require a system restart in order to finish the engine installation (on my Win 8.1 Pro/64 notebook). I have not yet checked my other systems to see if they also were selected to receive the new engine - I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Kudos0

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hello

Here is a post from one of the True Crypt loooong thread. He has had the patch for 1 hour when he had posted. He tried it out with 2 different encryption programs that he uses--True Crypt and Safe House with Win 8/81. He's able to mount and dismount without any BSOD's, no errors so far. Here is his post. Click on the Permalink for those who don't know what they are. He sounds like he is happy with the patch so far. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Late for the party but this is a great news!
After a long time, Norton have sent out the patch!
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

This has been a long delivery but at last, hope it will work perfectly.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

I wonder what the back end fixes were. The first fix means nothing to me.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos3 Stats

I wonder what the back end fixes were. The first fix means nothing to me.

Usually these are updates that fix some errors within the software that are not visible to us mere mortals.  

Sandro
Kudos0

So far the only one of my systems to receive the engine update is my Windows 8.1-Pro/64 HP Notebook.

The overall performance of the three currently installed web browsers on this notebook - IE-v11.0.9600.17690, FF-v37.0.1, and Chrome-v41.0.2272.118m - has been noticeably improved by the new engine, particularly noticeable is the improved response times when navigating webpages on the Norton Community Forums.

The notebook also starts and shuts down a few seconds faster than it did before receiving the updated engine.

Perhaps these improvements are related to some of the back end fixes...

Kudos0

Hello

I have found 1 user who claims to have received the patch and he's asking if this patch reverses back to 22.1.0.9.

Kudos0

Just finished installing the new update today on my workstation and all appears well. I am curious though because my laptop two days ago required a restart but my workstation today did not. I ran updates and checked version number and verified encryption operations are OK so I think I am all done. A very minor point but I am puzzled.

Any thoughts?

Kudos1 Stats

Hello rebel49

Perhaps you didn't receive the full patch yet. The patch is being given out in a phased in manner so it is possible that you only received part of the patch. According to the Announcement by Sunil, the full patch requires a restart. Have you restarted any way? Perhaps after doing a restart you will find some more. Since you are using Win 8/8.1, have you turned off Fast Startup? Norton and many other programs does need that to be disabled so that the computer shuts down completely and then starts up normally.

Kudos0

As Flo has pointed out, the upgrade is in more than one piece.  Some (like myself,) received all the pieces at once via a single LiveUpdate operation - while for others (such as yourself,) it was spread across more time and additional LiveUpdates.  It does seem that only one of these pieces actually requires the system restart.

Therefore, it's certainly possible that the piece which you received earlier was the one requiring the system restart, while the remaining piece which you later received (and which finishes the version upgrade) did not require a restart.

Kudos0

Hello Floplot:

The two pcs are both win 8.1 with fast boot enabled. I checked the "about" screen and they appear identical. Both seem fully functional with encryption operating and no BSODs..I did manual live update just now and both updated to current status. Other than the fact that one asked for restart and one did not, nothing stands out. But perhaps as you suggest I received only part and maybe the remainder is a somewhat obscure item not obvious to me.

I will reboot before days end and something  may show up.

Thank you.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.