• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS2012 Won't re-install to Chrome-Missing extension

I had successfully used NIS2012 in Chrome. However, lately, I get a plugin crash that makes me disable NIS. Once disabled, the browser works fine. I'm using Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m. I tried uninstalling NIS and reinstalling. Will work in IE9, but does not reinstall in Chrome. There is no extension or toolbar visible, and it does not fill in any logins now. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks,

Bill

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS2012 Won't re-install to Chrome-Missing extension

I had successfully used NIS2012 in Chrome. However, lately, I get a plugin crash that makes me disable NIS. Once disabled, the browser works fine. I'm using Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m. I tried uninstalling NIS and reinstalling. Will work in IE9, but does not reinstall in Chrome. There is no extension or toolbar visible, and it does not fill in any logins now. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks,

Bill

Kudos0

billinmd wrote:

Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks,

Bill

Welcome

There have been issues reported with Chrome. Norton has issued updates that have addressed some of these issues.

Be sure you have run manually LiveUpdate a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

I am not famiiar with Chrome, but go into the settings for add ons and extensions and make sure they are enabled. Make sure the Norton Toolbar is set do be displayed.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi Billinmd,

Sorry for the issue you are facing. Please follow the steps which are mentioned in below thread  to add Norton Identity Protection plugin into chrome.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Is-there-any-way-to-reinstall-the-plug-in-Norton-Identity/m-p/675403/highlight/true#M197455

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Senthil

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.