• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NOBU telling me it is 103% complete and then failing

Hi. My last two backups have failed, but on each occasion NOBU has run as normal before announcing that it is "103% complete". It then stalls for a couple of hours before I cancel it.

I am running NOBU on a Windows 7 Pro (SP1) Dell PC, using Chrome v.22.

Many thanks

David

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NOBU telling me it is 103% complete and then failing

Hello David

I'd need your Norton email address to confirm but based on the description you have a rather large backup set. When a backup finishes it has to finish uploading all of its encrypted data and catalog file. Once that completes it cleans up after itself. If its taking a couple of hours to finish the process those last couple of steps are likely comprised of some rather large files. Every time you cancel the backup its preventing it from ever finishing 100%. The old expression of a watched pot never boils comes into play here. If you leave it alone and let it finish or error out in its own natural course subsequent backups should be a lot quicker.

If you want me to look at the account send me a private message with your details and a description of the issue. 

Kudos0

Hello David,

I've spoken with our engineering team about this issueThey have confirmed the backups are indeed working properlyThis is one of those situations that is not a bug but a side effect of an update madeThe update requires a second piece to be releaseda back end componentbefore it is rectifiedThat should be in a matter of a couple of weeks assuming all goes well with testing. Till then please ignore the weird percentages.

Kudos0

Thanks Wesley. I'm happy to accept that explanation.

Kind regards

David

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.