• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 and the new Norton IDSafe app

Does the Norton IDSafe app (ipads and other mobile devices) work with Norton 360 in terms of transmitting passwords and login information between them?

Background:I downloaded the Norton IDSafe app to my Ipad2.  I launched it and it began the initial steps to initiate the process. I asked for my Norton Account "vault" password.  I don't have a valult - though I use password/access logins via Norton 360.  The question is, do Norton IDSafe and Norton 360 (password/login) programs work together?  If so, how can I get them to work?  Oh, yes - and my Norton 360 IS up-to-date.  Finally let me add, when going through the steps, I get the flag "You will not be able to install ID Safe Client with Norton 360 installed."  Help.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 and the new Norton IDSafe app

To access your logins from both your PC and your iPad, you will have to move your Identity Safe vault online. Then you just log into the ID Safe from whatever device you are using.

Just to be safe, be sure you backup/export your Identity Safe data so you can restore if you run into problems.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thank you - good advice, but now there's a new problem.  I just checked and suddenly Apple Apps no longer is offering Norton IDSafe for IOS.  Can't find it online, or via Ipad.  Any thoughts as to what's going on?  Has there been a security problem (my concern) or problems with it?

Kudos0

Hi 360_001,

Have you tried downloading the iOS app from your Ipad or Mobile, from this location https://identitysafe.norton.com/mobile 

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Kudos0

As to the ipad, yes, but got this message: "Oops. Looks like we don't yet support your Operating System." As indicated, Apple doesn't offer it any longer for ipad download. Why?
Kudos0

Also, when I use my PC, I can download the program for installation, but when installing it, get an error message (see the attachment - Word 2010 format).

PS - I have Norton 360 - does that matter?

Kudos0

Freak - when adding the Word document with the error message, this site stripped the message out.

Okay then...   when reading it, it shows that I have 360 Norton which has the same functionality.

Again, though, why:

1.  Did Apple stop providing Norton IDSafe for ipads - as of yesterday?

2.  Why doesn't Norton IDSafe for ipads work and input all of the codes/logins (possibly the answer to question number 1)

3.  Is there some security risk/deficiency with Norton IDSafe for ipads prompting Apple/Norton to withdraw the program?

Kudos0

360_001 wrote:

Also, when I use my PC, I can download the program for installation, but when installing it, get an error message (see the attachment - Word 2010 format).

PS - I have Norton 360 - does that matter?

360 includes identity safe

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Yes, we pulled the IDsafe app from the Apple Store yesterday due to an issue. We are currently resolving the issue and will repost the iOS app as soon as the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Albert

Kudos1 Stats

It appears that Norton fixed the bug(s) and relaunched the app as you can now find it back on the list of Apple apps.  Just an FYI.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.