• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 doesn't open properly until I reboot the computer

In the last few days, Norton 360 Premier has failed to start properly when I first boot up, but it operates normally when I reboot. At the first attempt, I get a window which says "You Are Protected Online"; below that, it says Safe Web, Antiphishing, Identity Safe and Norton Toolbar are all "off". There seems to be no way to get from this to the normal Norton home window. As I say, it works normally when I then reboot. Just thought I'd share!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 doesn't open properly until I reboot the computer

Hi, David. It might be worth running the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to refresh your copy.

www.norton.com/nrnr

If used, please run Live Update manually after the reinstall restarting when required until no more are found, and then restart again.

Let us know how you go.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

That is happening to me also. REPEATEDLY toubles opening Norton. I must reboot , some times 3-4 times. This started within the past week (about August (5 or 6, 2017) What gives?

Kudos0

All: Shut down "fast boot" in your Windows  install and reboot. Here is how:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Hi @DavidHarbourne @debs818, I have sent you a private message requesting logs for further investigation. Please check it when you get a chance. Thanks

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.