• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 Idenity Safe fails to auto-fill password. Version 6.2.0.9

Ever since I updated to the latest Noron 360 verion I have not been able to get the autofill working for my passwords.  Funny thing is that it autofills the user ID, just not the password.  Im running Firefox version 11.0 but IE vers 8.0 fails as well.  I have uninstalled through control panel and then ran the removal tool and rebooted and reinstalled and still get the same failure.  I also created a new login and blew away my login list and tried again to create a password page and it would notautofill and when I recreated the login and password and then tried to sign in it would again just put in the login but not the password.  Any suggestions?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Idenity Safe fails to auto-fill password. Version 6.2.0.9

Actually this is not quite what happens.  It seems that it is only in certain pages it will not log the password.  So far it is happening in my banking logon.  I will try to delete this.  It also seems to be that it will not save my logins at all?  What configuration do I need to change to get it to record logins again?

Kudos0

Hi,

Can you please let us know the URLs which you face this issue?

But before that, does it happen in all your browsers? Is the norton toolbar enabled in the browser which you are trying to browse the URL?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

I believe that this problem (unable to autofill USER ID and PASSWORD on banking websites) relates to an underlying problem with Identity Safe.  A number of my banking websites change the USER ID in Identity Safe and will not allow Identity Safe to fill in the PASSWORD.  In began noticing this behavior 6 or more months ago, and it is now occurring on more and more banking sites.

Kudos0

The banking url that fails is the following:

https://www1.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/rbaccess/rbunxcgi?F6=1&F7=IB&F21=IB&F22=IB&REQUEST=ClientSignin&LANGUAGE=ENGLISH

Unfortuately I had an issue with my computer and had to reimage it so I am back to version 5.2.1.3 and it almost works again.  I say almost because when I get to the signon screen with the identity safe enabled it will not fill either the user id or password untill I click the signin.  When that happens I get  

Attention

Please enter information in all applicable boxes.

at which time norton identity safe inserts all the information to log on.  At least it works.  When I updated to 6.2.0.9 it repaired the logon id which was immediately autofilled but the password was not.  I am nervous to upgrade again to version 6.2.0.9 with this error occuring.  Any ideas?

Kudos0

I am having the same problem since my update last week. Specifically for this bank sign in page.

https://www1.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/rbaccess/rbcgi3m01?F6=1&F7=IB&F21=IB&F22=IB&REQUEST=ClientSignin&LANGUAGE=ENGLISH

Thanks

Kudos0

Another user having trouble with the Royal Bank site.  I tried deleting the login and re-creating it but it wouldn't even prompt me to save the info so I had to manually add it back to the list but it still won't enter the password.   The whole reason for using software like Identity Safe is so that you don't manually enter your password each time (where a keylogger can get it).  If all it's going to remember is my client card number, I can use the bank's own cookies for that. 

So far, I haven't found any other sites that don't work (other than BMO mastercard but that never did work ever since I started using Identity Safe a few years ago so I don't count that one).

Kudos0

I am having the same issue with a Royal Bank login, the system auto fills the User but not the password on IE 8

Kudos0

Is there no update for this problem?  I have updated now to 6.2.1.5 and it still won't auto fill the userid or password.  If I proceed it will then sign in user id but not the password.  Please help.

Kudos0

New laptop; identity safe and Norton toolbar disappeared (all of a sudden) two days ago.  My system is windows 7 and I.E. 9.  Clicking on "get extensions" in Internet Options, I.E. site came up and a message from Norton automatically appeared "Do you want to disable browser autofill?"  Clicked on "yes" and the toolbar appeared along with my beloved identity safe.  Then, down worked to import all data from previous laptop identity safe, (exported to flash drive) and now all sites and passwords have been re-instated.  WHEW!  Hope this works for anyone else having trouble.

Kudos0

Ok.  I'm really a newbie to all of this.  So, after you click, TOOLS and then Internet Options, will you break down that last answer step by step please?  I also have Windows 7, and IE 9, and I don't see a Norton Toolbar at the top of my screen and can't seem to get any passwords to automatically fill in, even though they are in my Identity Safe.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.