• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 / Norton Identity Safe compatibility with Microsoft Edge

What is the status of the compatibility issues between Norton Identity Safe and Microsoft Edge?  If not resolved yet, any estimated time on when it will be completed?  Does MS Edge have further issues with any other Norton products?  Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 / Norton Identity Safe compatibility with Microsoft Edge

Compatibility of Norton Toolbar and Norton Identity Safe with Microsoft Edge browser <info here>.
Norton and Windows 10 <info here>.

Kudos0

Hello Reginald

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

Microsoft Edge does not allow Toolbars or any add-ons yet. So as of now, there is nothing we can tell you about this. Whether Microsoft has given any advance notice of these features, I wouldn't know. I'm sure that Symantec is working on any advance notice of features so that they can keep up to date as quickly as possible and to be assured that the new Norton features will work for as many computer configurations as possible.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Can you identify the ETA for a patch or fix to include Family coverage for the Edge browser. Is Microsoft responsible or Symantec? How can Symantec request that 'add-ons' be permitted? What can users of Norton Family do to encourage Microsoft? 

Kudos0

Hello familyuser

I would say it is up to Microsoft to say when they will allow add-ons. Norton doesn't like to give ETA's because you never know what may come up to delay the Patch. I would say that as soon as Microsoft gives them the possible code for the kind of add-on that would be needed, Norton would then try to get the updates out as soon as they are properly tested. Then again, they don't want to rush it out and have it result in breaking something else. I don't think that even Microsoft knows the time table of what will come out and when.

I still think that Microsoft is giving out Win 10 for free because everyone is beta testing it for them. Just my opinion and nothing official from Norton on this subject..

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Rumor mill (for whatever that's worth) currently places a "possible availability" window for an extensible version of Edge as being scheduled for a November, 2015 release as part of -- Yikes! -- the Win-10 SP.

And (as always,) your mileage may vary...

Kudos0

I`ve talk with norton agents about norton and microsoft edge, and they told me they are working on it. Somebody has recent news on this probleme? I want to upgrade to Windows 10. So any news on this issue would be appreciated.....

Kudos0

Referring to WinBeta, extensions for Edge will arrive in mid 2016, so unfortunately no norton toolbar until then.  http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-extensions-for-edge-to-arrive-with-redstone-in-2016

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

Kudos0

Ty for the informaton. I`ll stay with W7. Thx again.

Kudos0

Windows 10 also has Internet Explorer.  Whatever browser your using in windows 7 will also work on windows 10.

Kudos0

Chiming in about the rumor mill post. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1511 build 10586.3 there are no add-ons yet. Just a favorites bar and favorites. The wait continues and yes it's up to Microsoft.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.