• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 to Security License

My Norton 360 auto-renewed before I had a chance to switch to Norton Security. Can I transfer my remaining license of 360 to Security, or do I have to wait until my next renewal to switch it without paying extra? Thanks.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 to Security License

Contact Norton support. They can arrange the switch for you.   www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks, I was able to switch to Norton Security Premium with my current license without paying extra.

Now I need to uninstall N360 and install Norton Security. Is there a clean-up program that will make sure 360 is completely uninstalled? I would like to start clean.

Kudos0

Hello JC, Download and run the R&R tool from here. Make sure you perform a REMOVE ONLY using the advanced settings and reboot. Once done just log onto your Norton account and install your new product directly from there.

Cheers!!

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.476 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Kudos0

FYI

As long as you had been keeping your 360 up to date, functionally it was already the same as the new Norton Security Premium version. The only difference is the name that is displayed on the main screen.

As long as your current product is working correctly, you could just download and run the installer for NSP and that would take care of updating the product to show the new name.

Kudos0

I noticed that when I installed it without uninstalling 360, it didn't really do anything. It only changed the name of the program. That seems sketchy to me. They weren't going to give me the Premium version as an exchange at first. They tried to give me the Deluxe. They should automatically change everyone if it is basically the same program.

Kudos2 Stats

They should automatically change everyone if it is basically the same program.

I believe at some time in the past, there was an offer to upgrade to the new product line for free. There may have been some pop ups to provide the information on this. Someone else can confirm this for me, as I was already on the new products.

They weren't going to give me the Premium version as an exchange at first.

That may have had something to do with the number for devices you had with the 360 product (5). Which lines up with the 5 devices covered with the Deluxe version. Good to hear that they did end up giving you the Premium so you could keep your backup feature. And the added bonus is you can now cover 10 devices.

I noticed that when I installed it without uninstalling 360, it didn't really do anything. It only changed the name of the program. That seems sketchy to me.

As I noted above, as long as you had kept updating 360, it was eventually the same product with a different name, and subscription details. ie Number of devices covered. So nothing sketchy to worry about.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.