• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton aniti spam; Outlook 2010; Apple 2 stage security

Updated my wife's ipad yesterday, it recommended switching to 2 stage security so I did. Her icloud email also exists on my Win10/outlook 2010 pc: Discovered Apple 2 stage security prevents Norton anti spam starting within outlook 2010 hence outlook will not start. Bit of a chore to get the Apple 2 stage off but succeeded and Outlook/antispam back to normal. Fix would be good

Labels: AntiSpam

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton aniti spam; Outlook 2010; Apple 2 stage security

Office 2010 is not fully support on Windows 10. Why don't you just use Windows 10 mail app?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_inst...

Kudos0

Office 2010 is fully supported by Win 10, been using it since early w10 testing. The issue is Apple 2 stage security
Kudos0

Do you mean Two-factor authentication? Never heard of Apple 2 Stage Security. 

Kudos0

Yes, I think other operations call it 2 stage.
Kudos0

Two Factor verification should not effect Outlook at all. It is not anything you install on your pc. Lots of companies have two factor. My Gmail does and I have my iCloud setup with two factor. Again I never heard of two stage and a Google search brings up nothing. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152

Kudos0

2 step for icloud prevents the Norton anti spam add on for Outlook & Outlook itself starting. I know it isn't installed on the PC, it must somehow affect how the icloud account starts up with the add on and Outlook
Kudos0

iCloud and and Outlook do not work together. So i still do not understand how you come to this conclusion. You turn on two step verification for iCloud and you get a security sent to either your phone or your email address. Can you log into your email not using Outlook and get the code you are looking for? Is your pc a trusted device in her iCloud? So your wife uses iCloud email? If she does I highly recommend switching to Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook.com. Have you tried Windows 10 email app? 

How does it work?

When you set up two-step verification, you register one or more trusted devices. A trusted device is a device you control that can receive 4-digit verification codes using either SMS or Find My iPhone. You're required to provide at least one SMS capable phone number.

Then, any time you sign in to manage your Apple ID, sign in to iCloud, or make an iTunes, iBooks, or App Store purchase from a new device, you need to verify your identity by entering both your password and a 4-digit verification code. 

After you sign in, you can securely access your account or make purchases as usual. Without both your password and the verification code, access to your account is denied.

You'll also get a 14-character Recovery Key to print and keep in a safe place. Use your Recovery Key to regain access to your account if you ever lose access to your trusted devices or forget your password.

Kudos0

If 2 step is switched on for i cloud, Outlook will not start, it freezes while starting the Norton antispam add on. If it is switched off in icloud, Outlook and add on start smoothly. I have no precise idea how the interaction occurs, however I assure you and others that it does. We have two other pc's with different versions of Office/Outlook, all having the icloud account. The icloud 2 step seems a complication and source of difficulty/confusion we can do without, probably apple for apple and anti pc. The freezing of Outlook prevents the pc receiving the code.
Kudos0

Ok so then don't use Outlook on that pc when retrieving the code. It's that easy. Outlook 2010 may work on Windows 10 but it is not officially supported. Your using an office suite that is 7 years old on a newer OS. You can use Windows 10 mail app as I previously stated or just go to iCloudemail.com and check your mail. Or turn off anti spam in Office Outlook. Two has nothing at all to do with Outlook or anti spam. Norton Anti Spam maybe trying to analyze the email from Apple. You should be able to add Apple to the anti spam trusted list. So basically an email from Apple is locking up Outlook 2010. Doesn't seem possible at all. May it is just a coincidence. Again two step has nothing to do with Outlook at all. 

Kudos0

@NewRogerror:

This page may fix your issue.

If your problem persists,

plz send your comment to this thread and,

For more info, you may Chat with Norton Support.

Please post back if this or any other comment solves your problem. THX...

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

This thread has not attracted any useful comments.
Kudos0

That is because your issue makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Sorry not being rude. Apple Two Step Verification has nothing to do with Outlook 2010. Has nothing to do with Norton Anti Spam and has nothing to do with a pc. All it does when enabled is protect your Apple ID account by sending either a code text to your phone or emailing you a code. I have my Facebook, Gmail and many other accounts setup with two factor verification. It getting to be a standard. I gave you alternatives alse. Windows 10 has it's own mail app and you can also just go to iCloudemail.com and log in. You do not have to use Outlook. Here is your problem.................A two step verification code is being sent to your wife's iCloud email. She logs into your Windows 10 laptop and uses Outlook 2010 to retrieve her code email from Apple. Outlook locks up when retrieving that email. Again does not seem possible. So if Outlook will not start or locks up then disable Norton's anti spam and try it. Try Windows 10 mail and simply log into iCloud. Maybe in her iCloud settings she blocked your pc. There will be a list of trusted devices when you log into your iCloud or Apple ID setting. 

Receiving an email cannot stop Outlook from starting up or locking up. Unless maybe it contains a 2GB attachment but that is not possible. 

Kudos0

I fix computers, remove malware, fix smart phones and many other things tech related. I've never heard of such a thing. Was your wife ever able to use Outlook 2010 to receive her iClous email? Two factor verification protects your account from being logged into by an untrusted device. So if I logged into my iCloud from a PC I never used before I would get a text message from Apple with a verification code. I type that code into the pc I am logging into which will allow me to to use my iCloud on that device. That's how it works.
Kudos0

There is a considerable gulf between you and reality
Kudos0

Ok well your on your own since you refuse to listen. You have not answered all my questions nor have you tried my advice. Sorry. Have a good day.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.