• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NORTON ANTI SPAM DIDN'T BLOCK ANY RECOGNIZED SPAM IN OUTLOOK 2016 (MICROSOFT 365)

I have been the issued about The Anti Spam of Norton Security since the first version 22.7 to the last version 22.8.0.50 had the same problems that the Anti Spam in Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Microsoft 365) cannot filtered the emails had categories spam, the email didn't kicked to the anti spam folder but entrance to inbox, even the Norton Anti Spam has loaded in Outlook.

I have the deactivated and activated the Anti Spam plugin in Norton Security, however the problem still occurred.

Awaiting the solution.

Tks & B/regards, 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NORTON ANTI SPAM DIDN'T BLOCK ANY RECOGNIZED SPAM IN OUTLOOK 2016 (MICROSOFT 365)

First and foremost spam gets filtered on your providers end. Be it Yahoo, Gmail or AOL. Secondly there is no reason to shout. Thirdly Outlook in not necessary now a days. Especially on Windows 10. Windows 10 has it's own email app. All Outlook does is get your email from your provider. If you use Yahoo go to Yahoo.com. If it's gmail go to Gmail.com. Who is your email provider? There have been others with the same issue. 

Kudos0

Re: NORTON ANTI SPAM DIDN'T BLOCK ANY RECOGNIZED SPAM IN OUTLOOK 2016 (MICROSOFT 365)

Hi,

The AntiSpam feature depends on the configuration settings of the Outlook too. If the Account is configured with SSL connection, the emails will not get filtered.

You can find the details in this link - https://support.norton.com/sp/en/in/home/current/solutions/v57920813_End...

Kudos0

Hello

I have disabled the Norton Anti-Spam and use Outlook 2013 Junkmail filter. Plus I rely on my ISP Spam Detector.. It works pretty good.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.