• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe in Firefox 18.0.1

I just uninstalled Norton 360 because it expired and installed Norton Antivirus version 20.2.1.22 (whichever version that is since it's not written on the box).  The problem is Firefox is saying that Norton Vulnerability Protection is compatible but Norton Identity Safe Toolbar is not compatible with this latest verison of Firefox.  I made sure that I have the lastest version of Norton and I ran Live Update until there was no more updating available.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe in Firefox 18.0.1

I just uninstalled Norton 360 because it expired and installed Norton Antivirus version 20.2.1.22 (whichever version that is since it's not written on the box).  The problem is Firefox is saying that Norton Vulnerability Protection is compatible but Norton Identity Safe Toolbar is not compatible with this latest verison of Firefox.  I made sure that I have the lastest version of Norton and I ran Live Update until there was no more updating available.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Kudos0

Norton AntiVirus does not have the toolbar like NIS and 360.

If you have the stand-alone product I'm pretty sure it needs to be updated through the toolbar and not NAV live update.

Also be aware that the updates for new versions of firefox usually take a little longer for the free toolbar than the toolbar included with the product.

Dave

Kudos1 Stats

Hi John_Smith1,

You can get the toolbar patch in following way,

Since Norton toolbar is disabled in FF18.0.1, We need to run live update on different browser like IE or Chrome.

Launch IE or Chrome, Go to Norton toolbar->Click on Norton->click on about Norton Standalone idsafe-> Click on Check for new updates and Reboot the system. Now check the toolbar status on FF18.0.1.

Thanks,
Senthil.

Kudos0

Hi,

I updated the Norton Toolbar from IE. It asked me to reboot afterwards, which I did. So now I have version 2013.1.0.32

I went to Firefox and it still shows the toolbar as being incompatible. Are there 2 different kinds of Norton toolbars?

Kudos0

John_Smith1 wrote:

Hi,

I updated the Norton Toolbar from IE. It asked me to reboot afterwards, which I did. So now I have version 2013.1.0.32

I went to Firefox and it still shows the toolbar as being incompatible. Are there 2 different kinds of Norton toolbars?

I am not totally sure if this holds true for the Stand Alone version or not, but please do what Senthill asked you to do in IE a few times.  Once LiveUpdate finishes - it should say "no updates found" - if it acts the same as the regular Norton installs with LiveUpdate.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I reinstalled the toolbar and it seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

Kudos0

John_Smith1 wrote:

I reinstalled the toolbar and it seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

Glad you got it sorted and shared the solution with others.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.