• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe Standalone - 2013.2.4.2

Where can I get this updated version (2013.2.4.2) of NIS Standalone? I have just downloaded the application from Norton Identity Safe web site and installed it. The "About Norton Identity Safe" shows Product Version of 2013.2.1.33 and a Web Protection Definition of 2013-0204.009. The "check for updates" did not retrieve an updates.

My current version (2023.2.1.33) dose not work with my ASUS notebook with Win8 Pro. It finds my Norton account and online safe but gets a network connection error when it tries to open the vault.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Dave

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe Standalone - 2013.2.4.2

Where can I get this updated version (2013.2.4.2) of NIS Standalone? I have just downloaded the application from Norton Identity Safe web site and installed it. The "About Norton Identity Safe" shows Product Version of 2013.2.1.33 and a Web Protection Definition of 2013-0204.009. The "check for updates" did not retrieve an updates.

My current version (2023.2.1.33) dose not work with my ASUS notebook with Win8 Pro. It finds my Norton account and online safe but gets a network connection error when it tries to open the vault.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Dave

Kudos0

Hi DaveS12,

It sounds like you are doing everything OK per the instructions/announcement .

Which browser are you using?  If IE, try to update in Firefox.  If Firefox, tryu to update in IE.  Remember a reboot is required after update.

Let us know how you get on.

Kudos0

I have the same problem - have tried in IE, Firefox and Chrome but will not recognise that  this update exists.

Kudos0

Hi yank,

Thank you for the response.

I use IE most of the time. I did try Firefox to do the update with the same failure to update the version of Norton Identity Safe Standalone.

The strange thing is that in Firefox the "About  Norton Identity Safe" on the toolbar the product number is 2013.2.1.33, but on the Manage add-ons the release number is 2013.2.4.2. In IE the number is 2013.2.1.33 in both places.

I have the same version number issue on my desktop machine, win8 Pro, but I CAN access my on-line vault.

Why is this sooo difficult? :-)

Thank again for your help.

Dave

Kudos0

Hi DaveS12,

Please let us know which version of Firefox and which version of IE you are using.  I have never used the Stand Alone Vault s I have other Norton Products install on my system that already include the iD Safe function.

I do nknwo the following is true:

This is how you have to do live update manually in the standalone product:

1. Launch browser with toolbar

2. Click on the Norton button on the toolbar and select About Identity safe from the list

3.Click on Check for new updates from the window which opens

4.The live update will run and pull you the updates.

5. You do have to reboot in order to rceive a version upgrade as yu are seeking.

Apart from this, Live update runs automatically every four hours.

Since everything else appears to be failing, perhpas anuninstall and reinstall will help.

Kudos0

Hi DaveS12,

Whatever the version you are seeing is correct.

Product version in "About  Norton Identity Safe" is 2013.2.1.33

We have released a patch to solve FF crash issue, Now Norton toolbar version in FF updated to 2013.2.4.2

In IE, you will see IE toolbar version same as 2013.2.1.33.

Regarding your original issue(network connection issue)

Can try following suggestion

1.Logout from your norton account

2.Restart your machine

3.Now Login to Norton account and Online.

4.Also try to logging to idsafe portal http://identitysafe.norton.com/

Note:Your system date and time should be set to current time and date.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Kudos0

Hi senthilkumar,

Thank you for your help!

Housekeeping: Two machines, a Dell desktop and an ASUS notebook both running Win8 Pro and I use IE desktop version 10 and FF version 18. Access to the on-line vault using Norton Identity Safe Standalone works on the desktop but failed on the notebook with a network connection error. I have been able to successfully login to the IDSafe on the web page from both machines.

My confusion about the software version numbers has been cleared up.

Now the good news; I am now able to access the online vault from the notebook also. The why is unclear to me. This is what I did on the notebook:

Un-install Norton Identity Safe

Using Norton Utilities cleaned the registry

Shutdown and restarted the notebook

Installed Norton Identity Safe Standalone, but this time I used FireFox instead of IE. The installation finished and the initialization process popped up and asked for my vault password (It did not ask for my Norton account userid and password?)  and the vault opened. The vault was also open in IE.

After a restart of the notebook I again successfully open the vault in IE after providing my Norton userid and password.

Thank you all for you input and help

Dave

Kudos0

Hi Dave,

You are welcome.

Glad to know that your problem is solved and doubts are cleared

Thanks,

Senthil.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.