• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Online Backup fails with error code W112

I just started getting this error on every backup:

"Backup failed (W112)"

W112 is not listed in the doc -- what might this error be?

Windows 7

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Online Backup fails with error code W112

Hello cropredy,

That's a Windows error meaning a disc read error. Can you answer the following:

• When did this start happening?
  • Is it surfacing on every backup?
  • If you have more than one Computer setup does it happen on one or all of them?
Kudos0

I have this problem as well. It started on 12/13/2012 for me and happens every time. No I only have one computer.

Sincerely,

rnetsoccer5

Kudos0

Can you send me your Norton account email address and a reference to this thread, via private message, and I'll have the matter looked into. Please do not post your email address or personal details in this thread for your security.

Please note we have a 4 day weekend coming up. There may be a delay in response.

Kudos0

I've been getting the same error since 12/27/12.   I have a simple one computer set up.  It would be nice if the program explained what the error is and offerred a solution.  My NOBU subscription expires in February and I'm not sure I want to continue using this troublesome program.  I'm waiting to see an answer to the original post.

Kudos0

it also began on 12/13/2012; also when you try to calculate the next back that fails as well.  It isnot a windows 7 probelm because I'm using Mac with OSX 10.8.2.  Since the 13th I have not been able to backup at all its failed with same message 11 times, when you try manually or automatically

Kudos0

I have our engineering and operations team investigating the errors. The more details I can gather the faster we can track this down. Please shoot me a private message containing a reference to this post along with your Norton account email address. 

Kudos0

WE have been having the same problem with W112 since 12/22/12, does anyone have an answer?

Kudos0

Please see my last post for the info I've specifically asked for. We can't help without the requested info.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.