• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Password Manager 6.0.0.18 When I have to manually open to copy/paste a username it adds several unvisited pages to my history

Some sites do not auto-fill,so I have to click on icon on toolbar to open vault list so I can copy/paste the username. I have discovered that in my Firefox 63.0  Tools>Options>Privacy & Security>Manage Data (under Cookies and Site Data), there is now a list of about 8 or more sites showing as visited even though I did not visit them but they are in my password manager. I have verified this by deleting all visited sites and only going to a site that requires me to copy/paste username by opening password manager icon, then go right back to check and there are all those sites again. I would like to know if others are having this and why it picks a seemingly random set of sites to show as visited (it's always the same ones) but not in same order as they are in password manager. This is a bug that needs fixing.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Password Manager 6.0.0.18 When I have to manually open to copy/paste a username it adds several unvisited pages to my history

The exact same problem on Windows 7 computer also and it's not 8-10 sites that get mysteriously put in history it's about 65 !!!

Kudos0

Re: Norton Password Manager 6.0.0.18 When I have to manually open to copy/paste a username it adds several unvisited pages to my history

I guess nobody cares about this problem...Have these forums become useless ???

Kudos0

I guess nobody cares about this problem.

Not that nobody cares, but that no one has any ideas or suggestions as to what is happening here.

Maybe contact Norton Support to see if they can shed some light on this.   www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for the come back peterweb, at least I know there's life out there. I'm just wondering if anyone can reproduce this problem or is it just on me. Never had much luck with Norton Support and way too busy today.

Kudos0

Hi @freebirdwil, Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. I have passed this report to concern team and i'll update once we have any information on this.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thanks so much, Sunil_GA, I appreciate any assistance or resolution. As a work-around I have been just typing in the Username rather than manually opening the password manger and copy/pasting it in, this prevents the password manager from adding the unvisited sites to my history, this problem does not occur when the password manager automatically fills the info only if I have to click on the Norton Password Manager icon on the browser.

Kudos0

It's been 10 days since reported to Concern Team. Any progress ? Have they even been able to re-produce the same problem effect ? Need any further info from me ?

Kudos0

No comments, no interest, no suggestions, no fixes.....whole lotta nothing

Kudos0

Hi @freebirdwil,

Sorry for the delay in response. Above issue has been reported to concern team, i will update once we have more information on the fix. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

That's the same thing you said on November 2nd. Today is November 21st !!!

Kudos0

Totally ignored by moderators and Administrators in this "forum", Norton has been my go to security software forever, but I am totally done...they gave up on customer service only wanna sell LifeLock and Core Routers....please forgive language..#*^%$! $%@&^$% !!! LAST FAITHFUL CUSTOMER.

Kudos0

I agree this core thing is CRAP.  I purchased a new one and can't get it to setup no matter what "tip" I use on these forums and support is so lacking I can only see years of frustration ahead.  Amazon, take this piece of shit back. 

Kudos0

Almost every poster here are just users. So no need to use foul language in the forums. I know you are frustrated, but forum decorum still rules. Your posts will be edited.

Kudos0

I DO apologize for my language(noted in post), I AM frustrated, I only hope I can trust Symantec/Norton not to deal out my security vault to the dark web while I set up alternative security. Some have said this is a user forum but many turn to it because Norton support is either unresponsive, unreachable, chargeable, or un-helpful (and there are Symantec employees who will help here). I realize the issue I have uncovered could be called minor as I have already mentioned a work-around but the idea that a known issue (which is likable quite easy to fix) would go totally ignored gives the impression of a SECURITY SOFTWARE COMPANY that has bigger concerns than user security. THAT IS MY ONLY CONCERN, AS I,A DISABLED VETERAN RUN MY LIFE FROM THIS KEYBOARD WHILE TRYING TO SURVIVE IN THIS WORLD ON $1,100.00 A MONTH AND PAYING $100.00 A YEAR FOR THIS SERVICE/SOFTWARE. If you won't fix a small flaw how can you be trusted with the big ones, don't you realize that a breach of Symantec's database of user login's would be a major disaster. Knowing you guys are are on top of things and quick to resolve flaws large and small builds confidence and whether you know it or not your bottom-line is not in products...you only have one thing to sell...TRUST !!!

Kudos1 Stats

I only hope I can trust Symantec/Norton not to deal out my security vault to the dark web while I set up alternative security.

No fear of this happening. Your vault contents are encrypted before they leave your computer, so the vault contents stored on the Norton servers are unreadable. So even if they were hacked, no one could use it.

Once I figured out how to test this without destroying my current FF profile, I did a little more exploring of this issue. If you look at the list of logins that gets displayed, you will see little icons for the sites. The only way to get those icons is to access those sites. As the sites are accessed, they get added to the History. So this may not be a bug, but just a side effect of how the feature works. When you open your vault, it may refresh these icons.  This is just my thoughts on it. Not an official answer in any way.

Kudos0

Thanks Peterweb for that reply, I don't think you're right though as it seems to be the same websites every time it happens, only about 20-30% of those in vault, and, most of them have the generic icon not the web-specific icon that several have. I can't come up with a reason a certain group of totally unrelated websites show up in history every time I click icon on FF toolbar to open Password Manager. Good thought on the icon update idea but why would it select only certain ones and it's interesting that most are ones I rarely visit and I'm not sure any have a web-specific icon pretty much generic icons. Perplexing.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Wow, I was just going in to make a specific list of the unvisited websites this problem was adding and what type of icons they had, and there were none. I repeated the same process twice that always added the same approximately 65 unvisited websites but none were added anymore. I did notice yesterday there was an update to Password Manager Add-On, maybe this fixed it, may never know. It would be nice if Symantec forum members would comment on whether work was done to solve this or it just fixed itself or disappeared and may return, but any way for now, I can no longer re-produce the problem!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.