• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security

With the new Norton Security 2015 is the Norton Identity Safe part of Norton Security 2015.  I currently have Norton Internet Security 2014 and Norton Identity Safe is part of the installation.  I'm needing to update to Norton Security 2015 and I can't seem to find this answer.  Or will I need to install Norton Identity Safe as a separate installation on a new computer?

Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security

Norton Security carries over the ID Safe just as with NIS
If you over install NS on to NIS you may retain the Local Vault
NS does not offer the option to create a Local Vault only an Online Vault  (on a new computer with only a new install of NS)
Export an ID Safe backup CSV & DAT before you do anything. 
Have you Trialed Norton Security as yet http://us.norton.com/downloads

There has been a glitch or two reported by some users ~  long shutdown ~ you may want to review the Norton Security Forum to see what others are saying...

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I have not trialed Norton Security yet.  My vault is on-line wasn't real happy when it went from local to on-line but that was some time ago and have learned to live with this.  I have time so I'm not ready to install NS yet so hopefully they will fix some more of the glitches.  Just shopping at this time.  Thank you for your response.

Kudos1 Stats

Kudos0

Thanks again for your time.  I will be watching Norton Security to see how things will transition.

Kudos0

WHERE IN THE UK CAN I BUY NORTON SECURITY 2015 ON A CD ROM ???

Kudos0

You wont get a CD ROM version anywhere as only boxes containing key cards are sold.

You will have to download the software from Norton .
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

<<You wont get a CD ROM version anywhere as only boxes containing key cards are sold.

You will have to download the software from Norton.>>

Thus Symantec avoids the discounters, such as BuyCheapSoftware.com, that many have relied upon for less-expensive upgrades.  Ah well...

Kudos0

Online retailer sites like amazon have deals where you get key to your shopping account and the download link.
IDK about buycheapsoftware. May be same case . Here is some result: https://www.buycheapsoftware.com/search.asp?keywords=norton+security .
Eventhough its showing Norton Security product's image the actual cost (MSRP) shown is wrong. Member who have used that site may comment on it.
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Hello

You can still use sites like that, but you have to be careful and read the descriptions for the products. Make sure what you want to buy there actually exists. They can still discount the product if they want to, but the download for that site still comes from the USA. Norton still has partner sites that can sell the product for lower amounts than the Norton Store. Read the products carefully since there is no Norton Security for 10 devices unless you buy 2 Norton Security's. Norton Security with Backup comes for 10 devices.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I've used Norton products for years. Now, when my 360 subscription is due for renewal, I learn it's been discontinued. Trying to find out enough information about so-called replacements is frustrating. This is the first post I've seen with actual links to actual information that Norton puts out. I thank you for it.

What is the problem with lack of notification to current customers about this? It's very disappointing. I use 360 and use the backup feature to backup to a hard drive in the old fashioned way. Why is this not an option with the 'Norton Security'? Or am I missing something?

Kudos0

Hello WWachendon

Welcome to the Forum

You do have a couple of choices. Although N360 will not be further upgraded, you can still renew your license to N360. Your program will continue to work as it does now.

You also have the choice of purchasing Norton Security with Backup. For some answers to some things, you can look at the Backup section of the Forum. It is the same program as Norton Security but it has the Backup part also. It can be installed right on top of N360.  You can also get any remaining days of your N360 subscription added onto your Norton Security w Backup with a chat with customer support.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.