• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security 22.5.5.15 just downloaded

I just received Norton Security 22.5.5.15 via Live Update.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 22.5.5.15 just downloaded

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

... Again! 

Kudos0

I got that too. I had no idea what was wrong. So I just clicked fix now. It deleted temporary files from Windows and Internet Explorer. This also happened with 22.5.5.14
Kudos0

It has happened on both of my machines the last three or four updates.

Kudos0

I can't recall what happened with the version before 22.5.5.14
Kudos0

Also had to run the Fix when we received version 22.5.5.14 and again tonight with the newest version 22.5.5.15.  Seems to request you run the Fix each time there is a new Norton engine.  It cleans the temporary files and also performs disk optimization.

Kudos0

I just got 22.5.5.15 on my NIS by running LiveUpdate with a restart .... and same FixIt ....

Hugh
Kudos0

It downloaded for me ok, on my W7 laptop. No restart, and no Fixit required.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

On my tablet with NSwBU and Windows 8.1 it came down on LiveUpdate but required a restart .....

Hugh
Kudos0

Win 10 Pro, installed, no restart or no Fixit

Kudos0

Krusty13:

... Again! 

Hehe, me the same thing.

Kudos0

Re: 22.5.5.15

My version states 22.5.2.15 despite numerous LU sessions/restarts).

?

Kudos0

BCescot:

Re: 22.5.5.15

My version states 22.5.2.15 despite numerous LU sessions/restarts).

?

Did you run LiveUpdate until it shows "No updates found"?

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Rainbow_2:

Re: "Did you run LiveUpdate until it shows "No updates found"?

Sure did. Multiple LU/reboots. Seeing the identical scenario on my wife's XP-SP3 laptop with same version. Autofix reports no issues to resolve. I'm going to give it a bit more time & see if it sorts itself out.

Kudos0

Hello BCescot,

I think Norton have a bigger problem than they know or are admitting.

I have 3 computers running Win10 and they were all stuck at 22.5.2

After waiting for a month with no update after many restarts and live updates I had to use the Norton remove/reinstall tool, which got me to 22.5.4.24

Yesterday I ran the NRnR tool again (freshly downloaded) and ended up back at 22.5.4.24, despite the fact that the tool is advertised to always download the latest version ???

I wonder how many Norton customers are out there who don't even know there should be an update and are stuck at 22.5.2 ?

Kudos0

It gets better - on a whim, I just checked my installs in Norton Management, and found a duplicate entry in the users list. Added a friend's Win 7 laptop to my account yesterday & I now see him listed twice with EXACTLY the same device, user name & activation date. I absolutely did not create a duplicate of this user. Good thing I bought 5 seats ;-)

Guess I'll be chatting with Support later today...

Kudos0

FYI, I've informed "upstairs" about the NRnR tool not downloading the latest 22.5.5.15 version.

Kudos0

Rainbow_2 appears to be offline at present. 

I am not sure why the Norton Update Center has not been updated to 22.5.5.15 yet, but without the update the NRnR , and the latest direct download links for NB and NSBU will remain at 22.5.4.25. 

Normally once the latest update (22.5.5.15) has been released the Norton Update Center is updated within a few days and this causes the NRnR to provide the most current update.

Hopefully Rainbow_2 can get Norton to post on here for the reason.

Kudos0

Rainbow_2:

FYI, I've informed "upstairs" about the NRnR tool not downloading the latest 22.5.5.15 version.

I've received the following reply:

"The Norton 22.5.5.15 patch is only available via LiveUpdate and Norton Remove and Reinstall will only download Norton  22.5.4.24." 

Kudos0

Rainbow_2:
Rainbow_2:

"The Norton 22.5.5.15 patch is only available via LiveUpdate and Norton Remove and Reinstall will only download Norton  22.5.4.24." 

Rainbow_2,

And what about Norton Account? Does it give the  22.5.5.15 version or  22.5.4.24??

Is Symantec planning to offer the latest NS 22.5.5.15 version anytime soon, via  Norton Account or not??

Thank you.

Regards,

Kudos0

Hmm - I guess I'll have to wait longer - LiveUpdate is not giving me anything so far.

I'm still at 22.5.4.24

Could someone clarify the following statements:

"Localized builds are now available for all supported languages via Live Update" and "this version is being released in a phased manner"

Does the first statement mean that everyone should be able to get the update NOW, or are we still waiting for the "phased" release ?

If we still have to wait, what is the time frame for "phased" release - is it hours, days, weeks ??

Kudos1 Stats

Apostolos:
Rainbow_2:
Rainbow_2:

Rainbow_2,

And what about Norton Account? Does it give the  22.5.5.15 version or  22.5.4.24??

Is Symantec planning to offer the latest NS 22.5.5.15 version anytime soon, via  Norton Account or not??

Thank you.

Regards,

Hi Apostolos,

I posted the following in another discussion:

"I may be able to shed some light on this for you.  Neither of the "latest version links" have been updated yet and I am willing to bet that the Update Center has not been updated yet. Until such time as the update center is updated to the latest -22.5.5.15, the NRnR will not be updated either.

I have also seen it occur on the Comcast NSS download that the latest version never did catch-up - the reason was that there was another update coming shortly that would change it again."

Now that said, the same holds true for the version that is offered by the Norton Account, that version download is updated also once the Update Center is updated.

Davec33, 

It appears that version 22.5.5.15 has been made available locally (as in translated etc. into the various languages available and are ready for release) and those are being released in a phased manner - which to me means different localized areas - ie Spanish speaking, Chinese speaking, Aussie(?), Canadian (?) or whatever areas Norton has grouped into release areas.  That's a guess, but what I have seen in the past.  This usually takes a minimum of a few days (not sure of the time frame).

@ALL,

Once 22.5.5.15 is released to all areas and is deemed to be "good", then it will be updated on the Update Center and the Norton Account, "latestNS/NSBU/etc and the NRnR will also be updated to 22.5.5.15 - once again, if that is Norton's plan to do so.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Kudos0

Yesterday I uninstalled Norton Security via the control panel and then ran NRT. I downloaded NS from http://www.norton.com/latestns and installed it. After it installed I ran live update and it immediately updated to 22.5.5.15

I was a bit surprised that 22.5.5.15 wasn't offered from the link but nothing I could do.

Kudos0

I am still unable to get 22.5.5.15 on my 3 Windows 10 computers ??

I tried again today with the Remove/Reinstall tool but still ended up with 22.5.4.24

I have fast startup turned off and have tried many restarts and LiveUpdates.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kudos0

I had to uninstall/reinstall NS after the latest Windows 7 updates caused NS to stop working.

I've run LiveUpdate a number of times and the version is still 22.5.4.24.

Any ideas, Symantec?

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have the same problem.
I have 22.5.4.24 installed but don't get the update to 22.5.5.15.
What can I do here?

OLLI

Kudos0

V 22.5.5.15 will eventually be available to all regions and products that are eligible via Live Update only, at this stage.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hello F4E,

what do you mean by "that are eligible via Live Update only, at this stage"?
Don't we get the same product at the same time all over the world?
I would understand that there might be some days between updates but not weeks.

OLLI

Kudos0

Hi, OLLI. The product features are basically the same, but apparently there are legal and licensing reasons for the different situations worldwide.

Only Symantec are privy to all the reasons.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hello,

when I open "Norton Security" (German Version) an go to "Help -> Info" then the installed version 22.5.4.24 is shown.

But in both folders

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security\Engine and
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security\Engine64

I have the sub-folders:

So the actual version 22.5.5.15 seems to be installed?

Greetings

OLLI

Kudos0

OLLIE

when I open "Norton Security" (German Version) an go to "Help -> Info" then the installed version 22.5.4.24 is shown. [ .... ]  So the actual version 22.5.5.15 seems to be installed?

There's another thread on this which you might like to see: 

My (4) computers still on 22.5.4.24 

Does your Help / About show 22.5.5.15 ? That's the critical issue. Otherwise it seems that files in a group labeled 22.5.5.15 are downloaded but whether they actually are that version or destined to be updated to it (my hypothesis) seems unknown.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hello huwyngr,

as I have written above my version number in Help -> About is 22.5.4.24
See following screen shot:The link you provided is not working...

Why is my version (German version) not updated?

Greetings

OLLI

Kudos0

Sorry about the link -- I usually try them in Preview Try this one:

My (4) computers still on 22.5.4.24 for an explanation / hypothesis on why (not)

I was just double checking on the Help / About rather than assuming ....

Hugh
Kudos0

Hello

Please I need direct download link for Norton Security 22.5.5.15

Thanks

Kudos0

makispav:

Hello

Please I need direct download link for Norton Security 22.5.5.15

Thanks

So far as I know, at present,  version 22.5.5.15 is only available by LiveUpdate of an earlier version.

So depending on whether you have

NS Standard or Deluxe  Norton Security

Or NS Premium  Norton Security with Backup 

those links should get you the latest USA/CAN version available as a complete package and then run LiveUpdate repeatedly with RESTART after until it says no more updates and, hopefully, 22.5.5.15 although some users on some systems are not getting the full version change at present -- something that Norton (and Microsoft) are investigating.

If you need another region version because of where you are located let us know and we can probably give you the amended URL.

Hugh
Kudos0

Yes I know that .just tired everytime I install Norton I have to apply all these updates.seems no direct link atm available.

thanks huwyngr

Kudos0

Hello,

where can I get the German version of Norton Security?
Thank you for your help!

OLLI

Kudos0

maki

seems no direct link atm available.

As I see that is because not every change in Version ID results in the build of a complete package which involves more programming and more QC since every aspect of a new package needs to be rechecked and not just changes checked and then applied.

And of course there are updates that do not result in new version IDs which may be essential and quickly applied which might not happen if a complete package was downloaded and the user did not run Live Update as they are supposed to.

I may be wrong but that's how I can see this happening.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi Olli_S

Is this what you are looking or?

http://de.norton.com/products

Kudos2 Stats

Hello,

I have contacted the Norton Support and now I have a way how this works (at least for me):

• Uninstall Norton with the Norton Removal Tool (ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Rem...)
  • Reboot
  • Delete all files in "C:\Windows\Temp"
  • Delete all files in "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp"
  • Delete directory "C:\ProgramData\Norton"
  • Delete directory "C:\ProgramData\NortonInstaller"
  • Empty the recycle bin
  • Download Norton from your Account (https://manage.norton.com)
  • Start NSDownloader to download your Norton product
  • In your Norton Account go to "Services"
  • Delete the Computer where you uninstalled Norton
  • Reboot
  • Start NSDownloader to install Norton
  • After Installation run LiveUpdate and download all Updates (repeat this until no updates are found)

After this I have 22.5.5.15 installed.
But it is important that you remove all data in the folders, otherwise this will not work.

I posted this so maybe this helps other users.

Greetings

OLLI

Kudos0

OLLI

Glad you got the 25.5.5.15 version in the end! Thanks for the details. Did you end up with the German language version? If so would that be because your Norton Account is registered in Germany? That would be useful to know.

We believe there is a syntax to insert the country code -- in your case de -- in the URL but when I tried this manually I must have gotten the wrong location in the URL since it did not work and I didn't have time to check other variations but someone here does have it, I'm pretty certain.

The link Yank gives, gives access to trial versions which are full versions but of which Version ID I don't know.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi OLLI,

I followed all your steps and I'm still stuck at 22.5.4.24

I have done 3 restarts and run live update until it says there are no more.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep waiting for Norton to come with a fix. They are supposed to be looking into the problem.

Kudos0

Davec33:

Hi OLLI,

I followed all your steps and I'm still stuck at 22.5.4.24

I have done 3 restarts and run live update until it says there are no more.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep waiting for Norton to come with a fix. They are supposed to be looking into the problem.

It may be worth trying "one mo' time" -- see Permalink

Hugh
Kudos0

Hello huwyngr,

yes, I have the German version of Norton Security.
I did nothing special, just logged into my account and downloaded it.

When I log into https://manage.norton.com then this page is also in German language.
The URL of the "Devices" (where I download NS) is https://manage.norton.com/Manage so there is no country identifier in the URL.
I guess they read the language of the system (the browser reports this information).

So the Norton Account should work for all users.

OLLI

Kudos0

Thanks OLLI

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.