• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security 22.6.0.142 tray icon unresponsive

Hi, all:

Having an issue on my wife's XP Home SP3 x86 laptop where the NS tray icon doesn't respond when right-clicking to access the submenu. NS works fine when accessed via the start menu & desktop shortcut. Ran NRnR twice in the last 2 days with no result. I figure I'll need to do a nuke & reinstall, but I'd rather not have to re-do all the custom firewall rules, if possible. Thought I'd check with Forum members to see if anyone else has seen this issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions - Brian

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security 22.6.0.142 tray icon unresponsive

I guess this issue has sorted itself out; within the last 2 hours my wife's laptop got the (working) 22.6 update. And this time it's working OK, tray icon as well...

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

The update comes in several parts. It needs a full shutdown and a complete startup to finish installing.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Hi, Brian. I make a point of running Live Update manually as soon as I log on.

From then I leave Norton to do it's thing. For me, it's the best way to ensure all the updates and patches are in place to keep your installation running properly.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Thanks floplot - Took several updates & reboots to resolve, but it is now working as expected.

Kudos0

Thanks, F4E; yes, I employ the same strategy. Took a few rounds for the update to kick in.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.