• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security with BackUp v 22.11.2.7 cannot protect itself what hope my PCs

Finally frustrated with constant Liveupdate failures, repeated reboots and repeated removals and reInstalls!  

Now removing without reinstalling!

Installing Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which is finding malware, viruses and Trojans that were somehow invisible to Norton Security?

As Norton Security cannot even defend itself what hop my PCs?  Not much.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security with BackUp v 22.11.2.7 cannot protect itself what hope my PCs

First be sure you have run the Removal tool using the advanced 'remove only' feature to make sure there are no conflicts with your new security product.

Regarding the detections from your new product. I see you used the label for your post about PUPs, Possibly Unwanted Programs. While they are annoying, they do not cause damage to your system. Some people actually want the 'Features' offered by these programs. They are usually downloaded alongside a legitimate download when you do not uncheck the option for the additional download.

Norton products concentrate on malware that can damage your system, that is why some PUPs are not detected.

Good luck with your new choice.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.