• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security blocking Outlook 2013 connection

I bought a copy of Norton Security for my wife's laptop, after installing it I found that Outlook 2013 ( which she uses to access Gmail) would not connect. I know the settings are correct so what has Norton  Security done to her Outlook connection?

Peter

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security blocking Outlook 2013 connection

What error messages are seen when unable to access the email with Outlook?

Have you tried temporarily disabling the Norton Smart Firewall by right clicking the Norton icon in the System Tray? 

Have you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thank you for your reply peterweb. There are no error messages just the dialogue box comes up to enter details for logging on, which of course is unsuccessful. I disabled the Norton Firewall and liveupdated until it had finished. Still no luck.

Kudos0

If you have disabled the firewall and still have a connection issue, it would not seem to be a Norton firewall issue. Can your wife log into the Gmail web site from her browser?

What operating system and version are you using?

And have you restarted the computer a few times since installing Norton.

Kudos0

Have you disabled Norton AntiSpam and Email Scanning to see if that resolves the issue?

Kudos0

Hello

I am using Norton Security with Backup which is basically the same program as Norton Security. I also use Outlook 2013 and use it to access my Gmail account as well as 2 other email accounts without any connection issues.

Did your wife's laptop have any other security program installed in it or even a trial security program installed? If it did have one, was it completely uninstalled using the removal tool from the other company?

Have you checked to see if Google has made any recent changes to Gmail?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

Thanks to all who made suggestions. My techie yesterday discovered that I had to go to Google and turn on access to 'Less Secure Apps' problem solved.

Kudos0

Good news. Thanks for posting back with the solution.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.