Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Norton Security Bug or what???
I started to worry about my security suite last week when the Bradford Agent didn’t allow me to connect to my university network because I don't have a security suite!! I checked that with the technical support there and they verified that I have my windows up to date, and my Norton definition up to date too!! I run many tests and scans and nothing found, I run NPE too and nothing found, even if there too much suspicious activity like the slow computer, too many connections, strange processes running . Despite of all this, I decided to keep Norton Security and renounce in connection at my campus for the moment! But this last two days, the Norton Security is hardly putting me upset and making me waste my time in fixing it rather than doing something interesting. The screen shots speak by themselves. Here a small description of those problems:
- At the beginning, I got an error on Norton, my first reaction was to go to seek support through the application windows, and as always a connection is established to Norton servers and the error is quickly fixed, and asked for a reboot, what I did.
- I don’t remember if it was the 3039, 69632 error I get first or another one.
- A short time after the reboot, the Norton tray icon gets its red cross, and when opening the Norton windows it says “you are protected”!!! The fix button appears shortly and then disappears from the interface.
- After a reboot a window popped up to tell me that my trail license is expired and asking me to reactivate my product, even ID is on the main interface with a hello behind it, another windows asks me to log in my Norton account for the activation when I clicked the “activate now” button!!!
- I tried the auto fix and after the scan it told me that “They did not find any issue with Norton security”…. Even the tray icon has its big red cross, some component of the suite are turned off and I can't turn them on, even if I am an admin, the identity safe not working correctly especially on Norton website, where I have to type my credentials to get in manually!!
- Inside my account, I have my computer online with a big mention at risk and my key which isn’t a trial and other old ones expired, that I tried to uninstall maybe they are conflicting with the new one, the operation took so long….24 after I get back into my account and it still uninstalling!!
- I googled the 3039, 69632 error for a solution and downloaded the Norton Remove and Reinstall which failed to detect any Norton Product to automatically upgrade.
- I uninstalled completely the suite and searched for all leftover files registry keys and cleaned them.
- I tried to reinstall the identity safe to get access in my account and get the software, but it crashed my laptop at the moment of signing in!!
- I removed it once my computer rebooted and installed Microsoft Security Essential and it founds a security threat at the first scan!! BrowserModifier:win32/DefaultTab (Trojan.ADH.2 for Symantec) as did Emsisoft Emergency Kit with another one related to the safe identity.