• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security error 8504.104

This is the third time in the last month and a half I keep getting this error 8504.104 Twice I had someone from Norton fix the problem by uninstalling my Norton Security and then reinstalling Norton Security .Norton will work for so long and then I get this error back again.Why do I have to keep reinstalling my Norton product  ???? Also I took notice when I run a compatibilty check and you see a list to make my Norton Security compatible with Windows 7 or Windows 8 Why is Windows 10 never listed for you to check off to make Norton Security compatible for Windows 10 ?It shows you to make it compatible to use with Windows 8 instead? I am using Windows 10 but Windows 10 is never on the list for me to choose.Then a box will pop up telling me that Windows is searching for a solution to this problem and is shutting down.then it will shut down and I can't get it to open back up  right away or not at all.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security error 8504.104

Hi, surfergirl. Have steps 2 and 3 been attempted as suggested in the KB article ?

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/au/home/current/solutions/v62545568_End...

Windows 10 Home X 64
Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hello surfergirl

After you uninstall your Norton product, instead of installing your program the way they way, try using this link instead.

www.norton.com/latestns         Norton Security

www.norton.com/latestnsbu      Norton Security with Backup aka Norton Security Premium.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thank you.

Kudos0

Hello surfergirl

You are very welcome. Glad I could be of some help.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.