• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security error 8505, 101 (does not work) after Windows 10

Hi everyone, I need help because my computer is not protected, since my Norton Security hasn't worked for the past two days, when I upgraded my Windows 8.1 (which had Norton working fine) to Windows 10. The automatic support service from Norton windows ran but it did not have any success. I have already tried to reinstall my Norton and it didn't work as well. Then, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 and it still does not work. I need urgent help, please!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security error 8505, 101 (does not work) after Windows 10

Hello Alexandre

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum.

First of all, please turn off Fast Startup as Norton needs to have that done, then shut down and then restart your computer. See if that helps any. Is your Norton Security 22.5.2.15? What browser are you using? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi, firstly, thank you for the quick reply. I don't know what "Fast Startup" is. Is it Windows'? Is it Norton's? Where do I find it? If it is found inside the Norton program's window, I will not be able to do that because as I click the norton icon, it takes almost 5 minutes of no action and then a norton windows appears with the error code. I can't see the version number because of this error... thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

Fast Startup is part of windows 10. It was also part of windows 8.1. If you don't have version 22.5.2.15, then your Norton will not work. Here is a link for Fast Startup. It will tell you how to turn it off and on. It is on by default. So you have to follow the directions for turning it off.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html 

Please come back and let us know if Fast Startup being turned off has helped any? Leave it off even if it didn't help because it will help later. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi, thank you for your reply. I understood what Fast Startup is now, and did what you asked me to do, but it still does not work. The problem is that when I click the Norton Security icon to have it launched it takes up to 3 minutes without any signal of work and then it prompts a window which states that the autocorrection of Norton failed and it says I have to click to go to support web site. I do that and I have followed the steps to uninstall, reinstall, check the rootkit and all the other things they say, but it just doesn't work. Besides, I tried to do the online Norton Update Center and when it downloads the update check program it says I don't have any norton installed in my pc, then I try to do it manually and when I select Norton Security (for the latest update) it says I have the latest update! I am so disappointed at Norton...

Kudos0

Hello again,

I managed to copy the error from the Norton failure window and here it goes:

Norton Security
8504, 101
BucketID: D6E6E3EF
Windows 10 Home Single Language
10240.16393.amd64fre.th1_st1.150717-1719
Resultados da autocorreção do Norton: 1 itens
Instalação :: Falhou
thanks

Kudos0

Hello

It sounds like you might have a corrupted Norton install. To fix it, please try using the Norton Remove and Replace Tool..It is supposed to work with Win 10 also.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

www.norton.com/nrnr

Hope this helps. Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Kudos0

@AlexandreNunes, I've sent you a private message with some information on gathering and sending logs to us. If you're able to help, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Mr, I have not received any private message from you. I still don't have Norton working... :(

Kudos0

Hi everyone, reading a post of a customer who bought a retail version of Norton Security from a brazilian software store named Kalunga (exactly the same store I bought my product) I had an idea of trying to download the trial version of Norton (since it should be the most recent version - which seems to be working fine, according to Norton web site). Then, I did it. I downloaded the trial version which resulted to be not available, since I had already downloaded a norton trial version once... but then Norton required the login to norton account! Bazinga! It worked! (though it had some few connection to norton server problems, but after insisting, it worked fine) I am happy about my own solving of this problem, and even more thankful for this great community! I will keep using norton in full so that I can report if that eventually does not work. So far, thank you for helping!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.