• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security installation on NIS 2014

I have a WIN7 laptop with NIS 2014 on it and now I am ready to download and install the new Norton Security. I went on line with Norton support chat. I asked if the NIS 2014 had to be uninstalled prior to installing the new Norton Security. They said yes.

Here in the forums, I searched the same topic and saw responses to that thread that say the opposite. That thread was closed.

Any idea who is right?.   

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Security installation on NIS 2014

Hello dresdenron

If you are not having any problems with your NIS currently, you can install Norton Security on top of NIS 21.7.0.11. If you are using the Identity Safe part, I would recommend backing that up using CSV and dat formats just in case it is needed. There are plenty of users here who have installed on top and are not having any problems with the installs that way. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Security installation on NIS 2014

I just did this exact same install last week - Win7Pro x64 SP1 and NIS 2014.

Based on what I read here, I allowed Norton Security to do an over install.

It appeared that Norton Security activated an uninstall then performed the install.

It took longer than a clean install, but all went well and previous NIS settings were retained.

Just dont get anxious, let it do its thing until it is finished.

Good Luck.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.