• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton security premium vs New Norton 360 Upgrade

Got email to upgrade to New Norton 360,  I'm curious what is the difference would be, additional VPN I see, Add-On lifeblock service for additional cost, but not clear on if there is any other changes or license changes. I'm not a fan of lifeblock, What would the differences be, Why should I upgrade or not?

Labels: Subscription

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton security premium vs New Norton 360 Upgrade

FWIW ~ have you seen 

--- https://us.norton.com/n360 
--- https://us.norton.com/products-services
--- https://us.norton.com/norton-360-lifelock-advantage

System Requirements
Norton Device Security Entitlement only
PC or Mac

• Norton™ AntiVirus Plus covers a single PC or Mac.

Device Security and Norton Secure VPN Entitlement
PC, Mac or Mobile Device: PCs, Macs, Androids, iPads and iPhones

• Norton™ 360 Standard covers a single device
  • Norton™ 360 Deluxe covers up to 5 devices
  • Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Select covers up to 5 devices
  • Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Advantage covers up to 10 devices
  • Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Ultimate Plus covers unlimited devices

https://us.norton.com/products-services 

Kudos0

all of those are 5 PCs subscriptions, so would that mean when I upgrade it would knock from 10 PC premium to 360 5 PC? yeah not such a great idea.

Kudos0

so it's basically a switch from yearly plan to monthly with hefty price increase.

Kudos1 Stats

I'm not a fan of integrated solutions.   

Kudos0

frugalfreak:

so it's basically a switch from yearly plan to monthly with hefty price increase.

VPN  + LifeLock  ... there's Annual option

Kudos0

Thank you bjm_, I have my answer. I hope we aren't migrated to that only, would have to change my security provider.

Kudos0

frugalfreak:

all of those are 5 PCs subscriptions, so would that mean when I upgrade it would knock from 10 PC premium to 360 5 PC? yeah not such a great idea.

Yeah, number of seats don't add up.  

Kudos1 Stats

You should have a Norton 360 Premium version with the VPN and 100GB cloud drive for 10 devices (without lifelock). Otherwise anyone who has 6 or more devices is not worth paying 200 dollars, it is exaggeratedly expensive.

Kudos0

You must not be reading the 360 details, because there's levels in Norton 360 that match current plans, i.e. 5 devices -> 10 devices. Read People

Retired 2-97, The world the limit.
Kudos0

Retired-297:

You must not be reading the 360 details, because there's levels in Norton 360 that match current plans, i.e. 5 devices -> 10 devices. Read People

• Norton™ 360 Standard covers a single device
  • Norton™ 360 Deluxe covers up to 5 devices
  • Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Select covers up to 5 devices
  • Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Ultimate Plus covers unlimited devices
Kudos0

Because I read the details I know that only the advanced and ultimate version (200 and 300 dollars) have protection of 10 devices that is very expensive. It was what I wrote, I suggest you read again.
Kudos0

Because I read the details I know that only the advanced and ultimate version (200 and 300 dollars) have protection of 10 devices that is very expensive. It was what I wrote, I suggest you read again.
Kudos0

Been using Norton before they were call Norton, and I have read ALL there services/prices  and can bundle (build) the same services I have (10 devices) and pay the same I'm am now..... 

Kudos2 Stats

Retired-297

Been using Norton before they were call Norton, and I have read ALL there services/prices  and can bundle (build) the same services I have (10 devices) and pay the same I'm am now.....

From the Norton 360 web page and bjm_'s post above 

So the only way to get the 10 user subscription is to also purchase the Lifelock service. Which will bring the cost considerably higher than you now pay for the NS Premium subscription.

I have already brought the issue with users of more than 5 devices needing another subscription level to the attention of our Norton contacts. But we have to remember that the marketing departments now seem to be running the show.  And Lifelock is only available in the USA, so any 'international' customers need something else.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

OK, if you say so....

Kudos1 Stats

Stay with Norton Security Premium, 10 seats are available without all the other upsale hyperbol. https://us.norton.com/norton-security-with-backup

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

Here is a comparison from the Norton site.

https://us.norton.com/deals?inid=nortoncom_nav_deals_promo:plans

Their site is not very clear as you can get different information on different pages.

Jim

Kudos0

Oh Yes, and don't forget 'Offers' that pop up on the taskbar to 'upgrade'.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.