• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security replaced by Norton 360?

Per this Norton reseller, as of April 2019, Norton Security has been replaced in the US (other regions to follow) by the *new* Norton 360 (not to be confused with the Norton 360 that was discontinued in 2014).

The Norton site itself is a bit more vague.  It still has a Norton Security page but doesn't show the product.  Instead, it suggests the user try Norton 360 as if it's an option, not mandatory.

1) Is it true that Norton Security is end-of-life?

2) My Norton Security Premium subscription is set to expire in 5 days but Norton.com is still offering a renewal for Norton Security Premium.  Is it safe to do this renewal if the product is end-of-life?

Thanks in advance!

Labels: Norton 360

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security replaced by Norton 360?

Hello lunadesign. Here are the currently product supported products. Your current product IS still supported.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Hello

If you go down to the bottom of the link you have for Norton Site, it will show you the different new versions of Norton that are available to download if you want to try them. They might have free trials to try out.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I currently have Norton Security and would switch to 360. When I renew from within the program would I have options  as floplot mentioned?

Kudos0

Hello miked6991

I would suggest a chat with Norton Customer Support to see if it's available in your location and to find out if you can switch to one of the new N360's. To contact Customer Support, please use this link.

www.norton.com/contactcs 

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Not happy with the forced upgrade to Norton 360.  Do not need the added features of Cloud storage nor the VPN.  I have my backups on an external drive and already have a VPN service that I am happy with.

Options:  Do I drop the the Norton program or will there be away to keep getting updates to the Norton Security Deluxe 2019.   

I do not liked to be forced into getting the above items that I will not be using and still pay a higher price.

Kudos0

The Norton VPN can be disabled in system services. Backup can also be disabled in the Norton UI.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Has anyone successfully completed the update to 360 premium on the Norton site. Selecting the update takes me to a blank billing & payment page. 

Kudos0

So it can be disabled.  But the price is now higher for items that are not wanted.  Norton should offer a lower price item without the extras as is the Deluxe.  Why pay more for items that you intend to disable?

Kudos1 Stats

cyclone3211, if the particular product you want is available in your country, forget buying/renewing with Symantec and check reputable online/shopfront retailers which will always get you a better price.

Most online retailers will email you the activation key.

If you have a Norton Account, you can download the product from there, and activate it with the key you have bought.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Thanks for that  That is a plan for now.

Kudos0

Check wally mart for n360 sales 1 year 10 device without life lock is 39.99 toady. Thhpppoppt to 129.99!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos0

DISABLE AUTO RENEWAL (rescrewal)
Kudos0

Can auto renewal be disabled? I was looking at Amazon and all the products I looked at all said "......With Auto Renewal" I'm not into that whatsoever, it is always less $ at resellers.
Kudos2 Stats

Users may enroll or cancel Automatic Renewal & remove payment info at anytime.
Please review > 
Update Norton account
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v52531049

Please review > Norton Automatic Renewal Service Help
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080417115558

Norton automatic renewal option does not equate to "best price" nor "loyalty discount".  Shop around for best price from reputable vendor. 

Norton products (including subscriptions and Automatic Renewals) may be refunded within 60 days of the purchase date.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100512172507

Please review > Requesting a Norton Automatic Renewal refund
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v58152553

Please review > What is the Norton cancellation and return policy
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100113164023

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.