• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security, successor to Norton 360, missing back up to Hard Drive?

I purchased Norton Security as I was told it was the successor to Norton 360.  I need Norton primarily for Anti-Virus and automated back up to my external hard drive.

I saw there was a Norton Security with Backup, but I do not want an on-line back up.  Does Norton Security not come with a back up function like Norton 360?  If not, how do I back up to my own hard drive?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security, successor to Norton 360, missing back up to Hard Drive?

Hello 55a44f88cb6f3

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

Norton Security does not come with a backup feature. Norton Security with Backup has the backup feature. That program can also be setup to backup to an external drive. The only difference with this program is the Backup feature and it is able to be used on up to 10 devices.

If you are going to keep Norton Security, then you will have to use another product to do your backing up. Norton Security is good for 5 devices. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

55a

If you do want to go to the NSwBackUp version (it's normally only about $10 more than the NS version) I'd suggests contacting the Norton OnLine Support Team via the CHAT route -- I'd be surprised if they could not arrange for you to switch versions for a modest fee rather than take the route of getting a reimbursement, if you bought it in the last 60 days, and then buying the NSwBU version.

To contact customer support Click on this link https://www.norton.com/chat and work on from there. The CHAT route uses your computer keyboard, not the phone, and tends to be quicker to reply and easier to communicate with. There is no charge.

Please let us know how you get on ....

Hugh
Kudos0

Thanks.  The product was purchased 3 days ago and turned on today. 

I will try the chat line first.  It will probably be easier than going back to store and trying to get a refund on an open software box.

Will keep you posted.

Kudos0

It will probably be easier than going back to store and trying to get a refund on an open software box.

Although the Norton refund warranty does apply there also and strictly the store is supposed to honor it ..... but .....

So upgrade to NSwBU is the simplest if CHAT can handle that for you.

Please let us know .... 

Hugh
Kudos0

huwyngr:

It will probably be easier than going back to store and trying to get a refund on an open software box.

Although the Norton refund warranty does apply there also and strictly the store is supposed to honor it ..... but .....

So upgrade to NSwBU is the simplest if CHAT can handle that for you.

Please let us know .... 

Though not necessarily the most economical method available... 

Kudos0

Hello 55a

Sorry I forgot to mention the chat route to you, but as john has mentioned not the cheapest route available, but the easiest. Please be aware that chat may not be available 24/7 depending on where you are located.

Please do come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.