• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security Versus Norton 360

According to Norton techs The new Norton Security has the same features as Norton 360 Premium. ETC: Defrag, file clean, register clean, hardware checking etc. Is this true. Because they are discontinuing  Norton 360.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Versus Norton 360

Hello Harley

Many features are similar. Some have been eliminated. They have done away with the registry cleaner since registry cleaners are inherently dangerous. There are 2 versions of the products. There is Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup.

Here is a comparison of Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup.

http://us.norton.com/norton-security-antivirus?lg=en&ct=US

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Harley55:

According to Norton techs The new Norton Security has the same features as Norton 360 Premium. ETC: Defrag, file clean, register clean, hardware checking etc. Is this true. Because they are discontinuing  Norton 360.

I believe they are not entirely correct. Register Clean is omitted from Norton Security, thank goodness since it is much more dangerous than doing nothing!

I'll let someone with more experience of the two comment further. 

Hugh
Kudos0

Harley55:

N360 is EOA.  Meaning N360 is not available for new sales.  You may still renew through your product.  New offering is Norton Security / Norton Security with Backup 

Norton Security  ~  The New Norton Permalink
Features of Norton Security Permalink

Kudos0

I still haven't read where Disk Optimization, File Cleanup, Registry Cleaner, Diagnostic Report, or Start up Manager is taken away or offered. Can someone point to where this is said. Norton Security sounds like just like an Internet Security Program from what I've read.

Kudos0

Harley55:

I still haven't read where Disk Optimization, File Cleanup, Registry Cleaner, Diagnostic Report, or Start up Manager is taken away or offered. Can someone point to where this is said. Norton Security sounds like just like an Internet Security Program from what I've read.

Norton Security is as close to N360 as you're going to get via a Norton offering as there is only one offering with two flavors.  No backup and backup.

You want a matrix of NS/NSBU vs N360.   Let me know if you find one.  56 reviews here

pcmag Norton Security & Norton Security video tutorials

Kudos0

Harley55:

Hi, Harley55. All are available in NS and NSBU, except for Registry Cleaner. Other features are as listed in the previous posts here.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hello Harley

The Registry Cleaner is gone from NS. I can tell you that because I am using Norton Security for 2 months now, since Nov. 30. The other things you have mentioned are still in the program.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Harley55:

Then read the info again.  Norton Security User Manual here

Kudos0

Hi Harley55,

Since you seem to have missed the info the first time and in an effort to direct you to the correct location for an answer, please go the Chapter 8 of the following URL

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/norton_security/manuals/Norton_Security_Windows_Manual.pdf

Kudos0

Hello Harley

The Registry Cleaner is gone from NS. I can tell you that because I am using Norton Security for 2 months now, since Nov. 30. The other things you have mentioned are still in the program.

So from now on  we use NS or NSBU with a registry cleaner like CCleaner

Kudos0

Thanks Yank your link answered all my questions. (Solved)

Kudos0

You are very welcome and glad to be of assistance.

Kudos0

Are us N360 folks ever going to get upgraded to NS with our current subscriptions or are we just going to have to wait till our subscriptions run out?

Kudos0

Astyanax:

Are us N360 folks ever going to get upgraded to NS with our current subscriptions or are we just going to have to wait till our subscriptions run out?

Current Norton customers who are protected with subscriptions of Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, or Norton AntiVirus products will be offered options to transition to a Norton Security service on a future date to be communicated later.*  ##
You may transition (purchase / activate / register) to Norton Security at any time and Support will add remaining days from current product.

Kudos0

Hello

If you buy NS, you can get your remaining days from NIS added onto your NS subscription by having a free chat with customer support.

Kudos0

I did not use Norton 360, because if I needed for a Windows, I bought for Windows, and the same for Mac.

But since the prices are lowed, I am happy of the new Norton Security.

-Remember the times of the previous Norton complete suite for Mac, if you had one, knowing: Norton Internet Security. I guess it was this version which was installed for Mac under 360, because it was the most complete Norton product for Mac. (But am not sure, as I did not bought Norton 360.)

So if you have a Mac, you should notice the fundamental difference between NIS and the new Norton Security:

The interfaces are unified between the Windows and Mac versions. Even more, the Mac product do not work anymore from component (separated Anit-virus and Firewall applications) - the product work as one unique application - this was the moment for it, but it is really a great upgrade of the Mac product!

Kudos0

Hello all--

Thank you yank and bjm_ for providing links to the Norton Security user manual, which enabled me to reassure myself that NS2015 does indeed have all the N360 features except Registry Cleanup and Network Mapping. (Not that I doubted what the other experts said here, but I’m a show-me type.) In the process, I created an it's-in-there list based on the N360 features copied from the Norton site. It’s uploaded. I analyzed only NS because I’m using NOBU and Ghost for backup.

For what it's worth, I use the network map in my router’s controls—granted, it’s not as easily accessed as in N360—and configure the router to restrict access via a list of MAC Addresses.

Many thanks to everyone who contributes expertise and wisdom to this community!

Kudos0

Solved

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.