• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Toolbar missing in Firefox 19 after liveupdate 3/08/2013

I manually ran Liveupdate after "waking" my PC from sleep this morning. Live update installed 9 updates (and 2 more a little later on) and now the Norton Toolbar is missing in Firefox 19 (and also just to see if it had any affect I allowed Firefox to update to 19.0.2). The toolbar is not in the list of toolbars, though if I surf to a page that requires a login the Identysafe bar appears at the top of the window to provide passwords and ID Cards. (Also after this update I noticed my NIS2012 scans are no longer detecting/removing cookies).

What has Symantec/Norton done now and when will it be fixed?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Toolbar missing in Firefox 19 after liveupdate 3/08/2013

I manually ran Liveupdate after "waking" my PC from sleep this morning. Live update installed 9 updates (and 2 more a little later on) and now the Norton Toolbar is missing in Firefox 19 (and also just to see if it had any affect I allowed Firefox to update to 19.0.2). The toolbar is not in the list of toolbars, though if I surf to a page that requires a login the Identysafe bar appears at the top of the window to provide passwords and ID Cards. (Also after this update I noticed my NIS2012 scans are no longer detecting/removing cookies).

Kudos0

sewing1243 wrote:

Hi,

We have released a FF19 patch for Norton toolbar, that will work for minor update of FF19 like FF19.0.x etc.

As you said, identitysafe infobar appears, if you visit a saved login pages. It means that your Norton toolbar functionalities are working fine and just a toolbar display issue.

You mentioned toolbar is not listed. Did you see under FF->View->Toolbars?   Did you see Norton toolbar in FF19  before upgrading to  19.0.2?

Could you provide product version to know more about the issue?

Regards,

Senthil

Kudos0

Same problem here. NT says (after several updates) 2013.2.4.2 is not compatible with FF 19.0.2. Windows 7 ultimate 64-bites. Nort 360 last update today.

thank you,

Mike

Kudos0

Hi Ecographics,

This is a situation I have come across before in NIS, N360 and NSS with previous FF upgrades. Following the exact procedure that follows has produced the desired results of the NTB appearing in FF. Do not add any addtional steps such as running the Norton Removal Tool, as that may cause you to lose your ID Safe, customised settings and will also remove any other Norton programs you may happen to have installed.

It is highly recommended you export your ID Safe data prior to starting this procedure.  You should not lose it during the procedure - but please export it as a precautionary measure.

Please do the following in the order I list:

Totally uninstall Firefox

Download a fresh copy of Firefox 19.0.2 from here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

Install the fresh copy of firefox.

Download a fresh copy of your Norton product from here:

NIS - www.norton.com/nis20

NAV - www.norton.com/nav20

N360 Standard - www.norton.com/n360s_20

N360 Premier - www.norton.com/n360p_20

Remove   your Norton product using Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs if you are using XP) - do not run the NRT as you'll want to keep your Identitiy Safe and other settings.

Install the fresh copy of your Norton product. Run LiveUpdate (rebooting as requested by LiveUpdate) as many times as necessary for it to respond with the specific words  "no updates found" .

Once all that is done in the order I am asking for you to do it, please check Firefox 17.0 and let us know the version number and also look at "Add-on's" and see if Norton Toolbar 2013.3.0.26 and Norton Vulnerability Protection 11.1.1.5-3 are listed and shown as enabled.

Do you now have the Norton Toolbar in FF 19.0.2?

Please let us know how this goes.

Kudos0

senthilkumar wrote:

sewing1243 wrote:

Hi,

We have released a FF19 patch for Norton toolbar, that will work for minor update of FF19 like FF19.0.x etc.

As you said, identitysafe infobar appears, if you visit a saved login pages. It means that your Norton toolbar functionalities are working fine and just a toolbar display issue.

You mentioned toolbar is not listed. Did you see under FF->View->Toolbars?   Did you see Norton toolbar in FF19  before upgrading to  19.0.2?

Could you provide product version to know more about the issue?

Regards,

Senthil

In answer to your question: Everything was working fine in Firefox 19 (including the Norton Toolbar/Identity Safe) prior to Liveupdate running. The toolbar only disappeared after the update completed.

Just for fun I disabled all the extensions in Firefox (not just Norton related extensions) and then started re-enabling them one by one (the first one re-enabled was the Norton Toolbar). Norton Toolbar has now reappeared and continues to work through multiple openings and closings of Firefox. All Extensions are re-enabled. Now unless the enabling order of extensions in Firefox affects how they work or load I have no idea how that could have resolved the problem, assuming there was a conflict between extensions.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that your problem is solved

Could you provide list of extensions which you have. Will check your scenario from ourside.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

Did not work. Still the same here. For both english (US) and polish FF version. NT 2013.2.4.2 incopatinle with FF 19.0.2

Kudos0

senthilkumar wrote:

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that your problem is solved

Could you provide list of extensions which you have. Will check your scenario from ourside.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

Well, from this morning it is NT 2013.3.0.26 and it works fine!!!!!  Thank you and Norton team.

Mike

Kudos0

Sewing1243,

Thanks for providing list of extensions

Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Senthil

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.