• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Vault will Not auto fill in any longer as of 2017

Norton Vault will NOT auto fill in any accounts that it used to auto fill in with out any problems, it all started in windows 10, I asking Norton to please fix this huge problem. !!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Vault will Not auto fill in any longer as of 2017

Hi newinfo,

Try to turn off Fast Start and see if that helps any - it needs to be off so Norton Updates completely:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Kudos0

I use Norton 365 with back up.  As of August 4th, I have struggled every day for about a week. My vault has completely disappeared twice, requiring at least 4 hours (in two sessions) with tech support, finding and reinstalling my disappearing vault. For the last few days, it comes and goes, and I noticed that a major attack was thwarted  this morning. The problem is spending so much time examining issues, shutting down, rebooting, scanning, etc. my computer is all but disabled.  I spent many hours hand writing (in pencil!) all of my sites and passwords. That is some comfort, but today has been so rocky, I know the issues have not been resolved.  I sure would like to see an update from Norton. GeorgiaPat  P.S.  I should add that I have had Windows 10 since it first rolled out.  I do not think this latest issue with the vault, or with live updates, is the issue. I think it's more ominous. 

Kudos0

My question still remains: Have you tried it with Fast Start OFF?

If you have an Online Vault, your ID Safe Log-ins should be auto backed up at: Note this will be encrypted.

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Norton Identity Safe Backups\email address for your Norton account

Also if you can get into your Vault - you can EXPORT your log-in in .csv format which is readable.

Kudos0

Thanks for your help, and yes I tried Fast Start OFF, but did not do anything. I download it Norton Security Toolbar 2017.11.0.1 for Firefox and it seems to work OK, But Not with multiple logins,But I Never had this issue before,also Internet Explorer has the same problem with multiple logins,which again no issues before if you have more then one account, Some thing change when I stared running Windows 10, I think Norton needs to update they whole product to be more compatible with windows 10 (Product Overhauled),Not just live update. One more thing I also think that Windows is trying to push all Internet Security programs out, and trying to force their customers to use Windows Defender Antivirus In Windows 10, Thanks again for your reply.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.