• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Vulnerability Protection 11.3.0.9 - 5 is no longer supported in Firefox 22

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an ETA on the fix for the NVP 11.3.0.9 - 5 extension for Firefox 22. This was disabled with the upgrade to FF v22.

Regards,

Jeff

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Vulnerability Protection 11.3.0.9 - 5 is no longer supported in Firefox 22

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an ETA on the fix for the NVP 11.3.0.9 - 5 extension for Firefox 22. This was disabled with the upgrade to FF v22.

Regards,

Jeff

Kudos0

Re: Norton Vulnerability Protection 11.3.0.9 - 5 is no longer supported in Firefox 22

Firefox 22 support has already been released. See Mohan's post here  http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-22-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/979947

Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Then check your Firefox add ons for the Norton Toolbar and that it is enabled.

It is possible that you may have to do an uninstall of Firefox, check for Norton updates, then reinstall Firefox. This is because since Mozilla decided to move to upgrading their versions every 5 or 6 weeks, it is harder for security companies to keep up with the validation testing.

It is recommended to set Firefox to notify you of upgrades, but let you decide when to install. That way you can ensure you have the Norton update before allowing Firefox to upgrade.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I have the same problem.. when I upgraded to FF 22 the NVP 1.3.0.9-5 addon has been disabled as being incompatible.
Kudos1 Stats

See this thread:  Norton Vulnerability Protection and Firefox 22.0

Although the FF 22 patch was released, it appears it was a premature release as it is only half done :(

Kudos0

The same problem here on two PCs: W7 desktop & W8 laptop.

One PC might be a coincidental bad install of FF 22, but not on two, I wouldn't think.

----

SHO_GuN, ...just saw your posting after I posted this one. Thank you for that follow-up.

Both my PCs are 64-bit. That may be the issue according to info in the link you provided.

Kudos0

@peterweb Thank-you for your message. The issue is not with the toolbar but with the VP. These are installed as separate extensions. After checking a separate thread from yesterday, it appears this is a common problem and a fix is not expected for 5-7 days. I certainly hope a fix is provided much sooner. Both these extensions should be supported when Norton updates their s/w to support the new releases of FF.

Regards,

Jeff

Kudos0

Same here - just updated to Firefox 22.0 Norton Toolbar is ok but Norton Vulnerability Protection 11.3.0.9 - 5 has been disabled.

Kudos0

@Sho_Gun Thank-you for this reference. I will be on the lookout for the fix now.

Regards,

Jeff

Kudos0

jeffcanning wrote:

@peterweb Thank-you for your message. The issue is not with the toolbar but with the VP. These are installed as separate extensions. After checking a separate thread from yesterday, it appears this is a common problem and a fix is not expected for 5-7 days. I certainly hope a fix is provided much sooner. Both these extensions should be supported when Norton updates their s/w to support the new releases of FF.

Regards,

Jeff

I just saw that post. 

Let's hope Norton will get this out sooner than 5 - 7 days.

This is why I usually wait about a week before updating Firefox.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

As I wrote on a seperate post on this subject, I would suggest it may be better to stay with Firefox 21, if you haven't got it set to auto updates, and keep NVP enabled, rather that be unprotected, until the patch for Firefox 22 is issued. That's what I'm doing.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Also anyone wishing to revert to Firefox 21 until this problem is sorted out, can do so at   www.filehippo.com  

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Same issue here...usually it's a toolbar issue but not this time.

Kudos0

I also updated to FF 22 and got msg that Vulnerability Protection extension is not compatible and is disabled.

NS 22.8.x, Win10 Anniv. Update, Chrome, Firefox, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (FREE)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.