• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton web extensions will not install on Windows 10 Firefox 64 bit 66.0.3

OS - Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763; Browser - Firefox 64 bit version 66.0.3.

Issue: Norton browser extensions will not install. The Norton browser extension installs are initiated from the Norton UI. The failure apparently occurs with the download. I get the "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt." error message for all the extensions.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton web extensions will not install on Windows 10 Firefox 64 bit 66.0.3

Just opened Firefox to be told that password manager and safe search not longer work. Why?

Kudos0

as the title says, just opened firefox to find it asking me to allow extensions for norton, thought there may have been an update to something which is why it was asking so went to allow only to find that firefox is thinking that the files are corrupted. Any solutions please. Im running windows 7.

Just had another look into google and found this:-

'Starting in Firefox version 57, only extensions built using WebExtensions APIs will work. Not sure if your add-ons are affected? See Firefox add-on technology is modernizing and these Frequently Asked Questions for details. '

hope this helps

Kudos0

It is suddenly broken here too. Firefox say it doesn't meet the current standards. So my Safe Web is not functioning.

Actually it is more than just Norton extensions. Adblock Plus and Country Flag IP WHOIS too.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos0

Same here in Australia. I get the Google search bar.

Kudos0

is it just a simple thing of norton doing an update i wonder?????...i hope it is

Kudos3 Stats

Here's the reason  -  https://community.norton.com/en/forums/glitch-breaking-all-firefox-extensions

It's up to Mozilla to fix this.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Kudos0

I thought it might be a security certificate.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos0

Please see this post for an explanation.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/glitch-breaking-all-firefox-extensions

Mozilla will have to issue a new certificate.

Kudos0

thank you Krusty13 for the info....put my mind to rest now , i can get on with playing my games now

Kudos0

suddenly firefox (66.0.3) changed the securitystandards and norton add-ons are not accepted, what to do now?

Kudos0

Kudos0

It is as you wrote. thx! at least a little bit of knowledge...

Kudos0

66.0.2 Version affected as well so no point back dating - why can't any of these developers sort out before release - Microsoft, Norton, Firefox and the rest.

Kudos1 Stats

why can't any of these developers sort out before release - Microsoft, Norton, Firefox and the rest.

Its fairly straight forward WHY. Companies rely on "insider programs", BETA's and outsourcing rather than get it right "in house" before sending their wares out for public consumption. The "quality" of personnel doing the developing and testing is also one of the biggest factors which companies just ignore. Doing things on the cheap, and selling it while allowing customers to endure the headaches. Where I spent most of my adult life you had to get it right the first time, others lives depended on it. I'd think a similar approach with corporations should appear in their work ethic at some point.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

There is a workaround available here.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

SoulAsylum, Same with me, if you did not come up to scratch, you were down the road. Us old timers were brought up in a different world, you had to actually be competent, now it does not seem to be a requirement, the younger generation THINK they know it all, unfortunately this seems in all fields. I used to do a lot of stuff in Excel 4 macros, you tested & tested, tried to break it, only then if it passed, did you then release. Saw an item this morning that reckoned Mozilla FORGOT to renew Add-On certificates - fairly basic that. 

Kudos2 Stats

Thanks everyone for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Issue "Certificate issue causing add-ons to be disabled or fail to install" has been fixed by Firefox. Please refer linked article for more details. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thanks for the heads up Sunil.

Cheers

Kudos1 Stats

Mozilla's update and instructions on how to insure you get the patch they have released installed here: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-f...

One strange thing I noticed with this event was not all my PCs appeared to have been affected.

Kudos0

Hello

I believe this issue started on Friday or perhaps it was a different issue. My son mentioned on Friday night that he had a problem with Firefox on Friday. He had been trying everything to fix it, thinking at first it was something he had done. Then he checked Google and found out it was a Firefox issue, but a fix had come out on Friday.. Maybe it was a temp fix.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Seems issues resolved by Firefox - seems to be working OK this morning in UK

Kudos0

Yesterday, when I invoked Firefox, my Norton Password manager and Toolbar would not load.....i get the message that it needs to be signed to install and load in Firefox Quantum 66.0.3.  What can be done to get Password Manager back in action?  Any help will be appreciated!

Brian

Kudos1 Stats

Hello brain44. There should be an update available to resolve the certificate issues in FireFox. Try updating FF and see if that fixes the issue. ALL addon's were not being allowed to run and install.

Cheers

Kudos0

Kudos0

Kudos0

Firefox 66.0.4 has been released and is available from the internal updater.  This version solves the problem with extensions.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/firefox-6604-released

Kudos0

Kudos0

Thanks everyone,

Please let us know if you still facing "Norton extensions disabled/cannot install" issue with latest Firefox browser version. 

Kudos0

All is well!  Update Firefox and everything goes back to normal.....it was their issue and they fixed it.....

Brian

Kudos0

Updated Firefox to 66.04.

Norton Password Manager 6.4.1.12 still is not working in Windows 7 Pro.

"cannot be verified and has been disabled"

Kudos0

Hello michaeljcarr

Have you restarted your computer since updating Firefox a couple of times? Restarts can do wonders sometimes.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Yes.  Restarted and cold boot at least total of 5 times.

No change.

Kudos0

Hi @michaeljcarr, I have sent you a private message requesting for more details. 

Kudos1 Stats

Update to 66.0.5 and extensions are working now.

Thanks

Kudos0

Thanks for the update, @michaeljcarr

Kudos0

Something I noticed...

Password Manager worked immediately upon starting up the 66.0.5 but then failed to show up when browser was restarted.

I had to go to Tools/Add-ons/Extensions and click on "Disable" for each one and then click on "Enable" for each for them to work.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.